SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#93207 - 11/17/04 06:56 AM banner attachment
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I'm thinking about having a banner made to warp around each side of my stand (keyboard). I can't decide whether to fasten it to the keyboard stand with gromets and string or to have velcro attached to the material and glue velcro to my keyboard.
Have any of you tried this?

Of course the lettering will only be on the front. I just thought a wrap-around each side would hide more of the wire foot pedals etc. and might even look better than just a banner on the front.

#93208 - 11/17/04 07:44 AM Re: banner attachment
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I use small clips similar to those on a persons nametag to secure them on a shirt. I have the clips attached to the top of my Tyros with duct tape, which matches the color of the kb perfectly. This is pretty close to the velcro method you mentioned.

My sign does not "wrap around"...As its vinyl, it doesn't hang perfectly like a cloth would. I suspect if you do go the wrap-around route, you may have trouble getting it to hang neatly.

Good luck-

Bill in Dayton

#93209 - 11/17/04 07:45 AM Re: banner attachment
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I use small clips similar to those on a persons nametag to secure them on a shirt. I have the clips attached to the top of my Tyros with duct tape, which matches the color of the kb perfectly. This is pretty close to the velcro method you mentioned. This way, I just clip them onto the sign each night...works great.

My sign does not "wrap around"...As its vinyl, it doesn't hang perfectly like a cloth would. I suspect if you do go the wrap-around route, you may have trouble getting it to hang neatly.

Good luck-

Bill in Dayton

#93210 - 11/17/04 07:59 AM Re: banner attachment
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mine was made with grommets on the corners. I merely use rubber bands to attach it. They are "adjustable".
DonM

#93211 - 11/17/04 08:02 AM Re: banner attachment
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
I had previously requested info but decided to do the following. I took a black table table cloth from one of the restaurants, had it cut down to size. I then had velcro sewn (the rough side) onto it on the two corners and middle so it wraps around the keyboard. I put the smooth part of the velcro on the sides of the keyboard and an additional piece in the middle. Now when you place it on , it covers the whole bottom of the keyboard, pedals, wires, even the name but who cares.
I then went to a sporting good shop where they sew the names of teams and little leagues, etc on jackets and shirts etc. and told them to put the name of our group on the cloth in the middle in white lettering with music notes. It looks great.
TOTAL COST $25.00
What's great, it folds and i place it on the keys when I put it in the carrying case. Try it.

Larry

#93212 - 11/17/04 11:05 AM Re: banner attachment
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
My friend says he can do the banner in a nylon fabric. Anyone know if this would be better than vinyl?

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 11-17-2004).]

[This message has been edited by brickboo (edited 11-19-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online