SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#97523 - 09/14/03 07:38 AM When you started to play, did you have a dream?
YamBox Offline

Loc: Finland
How has the dream canged during all these years and most of all, has it come true?

My dream was to have keyboard with very high quality, studio at home and play in a band who is not unknown but not too famous.

Today I have a keyboard nearly as I dreamed I would want. And I have a computer at home with ONE(jee ) recording software. It is enough for me. Someday IŽll buy a new KB anyway but that is not the point...

IŽve played in a band for 6 years and that was enough for me. Only few knew us but we had gigs anyway every now and then.

So now I have about everything I originally wanted and want today.

A very happy man!

[This message has been edited by YamBox (edited 09-14-2003).]

#97524 - 09/14/03 08:50 AM Re: When you started to play, did you have a dream?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Stepped on stage with three other guys a flat-top guitar at age 17, was scared to death, played and sang a number of Hank Williams tunes, everyone got up and danced and the dream became reality. Still have lots of dreams, most of which have eventually come true. Fantasies, however, rarely come true, but they're sure nice to dream about...

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#97525 - 09/14/03 09:14 AM Re: When you started to play, did you have a dream?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
My dream was to be Liberace

These days I would be happy to play in public without making a mistake! Fat chance.

I can think of nothing worse than being famous but I would love to write a song (or two) that could be famous.....a bit like being famous by proxy.

I would also love a studio of my own with floor to ceiling windows overlooking gardens and a grand piano in the corner. Bliss!
Very Best to you
Tony W

------------------
http://the-ant.2ya.com

#97526 - 09/14/03 03:51 PM Re: When you started to play, did you have a dream?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:
My dream was to be Liberace

...you want to be dead??????

#97527 - 09/14/03 05:05 PM Re: When you started to play, did you have a dream?
Tony W Offline

ROFL.....
I know I look it but I am not that young! He was still tinkling the ivories when I was a boy
Tony W

------------------

#97528 - 09/15/03 09:26 AM Re: When you started to play, did you have a dream?
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
My dream is to play one song with our praise and worship team. That's the reason I am trying to teach myself accompaniment. The dream is not yet realized, enjoying the journey.
Starkeeper

#97529 - 09/15/03 03:45 PM Re: When you started to play, did you have a dream?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Liberace tinkled more than just the ivories!....................and he was a damn good pianist too!!

#97530 - 09/15/03 04:54 PM Re: When you started to play, did you have a dream?
Tony W Offline

Rattley,
Over here in the UK the term tinkling the ivories means to play the piano....not sure if you are aware of my meaning as you seem to have taken umbridge at my comment?

That aside I must asure you that I really did want to be Liberace and was not poking fun at him at all.....If I was poking fun at anyone it was at myself

I have to agree with you that Liberace was a wonderful pianist. I remember sitting in front of the TV as a child and was agog at how his hands seemed to wander the full length of the keyboard effortlessly and the wonderful sound that came from the piano. I was (and still am) enthralled by this exotic, talented and sparkly man.
Very best to you
Tony

------------------

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online