My 2 cents...maybe $2 worth of opinion..

First Eddie that is how I feel about opinions on the G1000[Roland]..I hear more negatives from people[some even owned one], that don't have a clue what the board is capable of...but that's another story[ and it has nothing to do with "mine is better then yours"....]

Gary of course you are correct about the sweet spot in stereo...but there is another consideration with stereo..The proper panning , allocation of instruments...as they would be on a stage..helps the listener to think of a band on stage..

Panning of instruments can be heard in most rooms..As an example with spacing of the speakers at 10 feet..you can get the feeling of a real drummer with cymbals and toms in different locations..You can hear movement of a drum kit..no matter where you sit..The only time the sweet spot comes into play are stereo effects that need balancing..I think it is less critical with Roland and Ketron compared to Yamaha and Korg..

The only time stereo is a no no to me , is when you need coverage in a wide audience as in the average "Boardwalk" job..

As for the Bose, I have always thought they sound great..I have heard them in low volumes[great] and normal room levels[also great]..What I may not be sure of,[and I have not experienced this yet]..is when you need to push for high energy and volume...I am not just talking about a lounge act volume..

I don't think the Bose can match up to my Yorkville system when it comes to dance music..I still think you have to move air to be effective..

Gary the Bose sub may be adequate in most situations, but they don't cut it in a big venue..not even a pair of the subs..You will not get that in your chest bass out of them, and I don't think the system was ever intended for "dance" music..

Well that is my $1.95 worth...I am holding back 5 cents for rebuttal time...