I explain it like this to my customers:
The PA80 has the same oscilators as the Triton (these are the raw samples), however, on the PA80, because it is an arranger keyboard, the sounds have been created to cover more "main stream" sounds, such as Pianos, Organs, strings, brass, and they have included fewer synth type sounds as used for hip hop and dance type music. Also, there is no combination mode on the PA80, so you can't create sounds using up to 8 programs like you can on the Triton. However, you can create performances on the PA80 where you can have up to 3 programs layered. There is no arpegiator on the PA80 as on the Triton. Will you ear hear a difference? The answer is probably you will, but it is because the two machines are as different as a station wagon vs a sport utility vehicle. I don't recommend customers who come in looking for the Triton to buy the PA80, however, if they want the Triton to produce songs and they don't play drums well, or play bass well, I then suggest the PA80 for all it's arranger possibilities.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)