Korg cut a lot of corners with the PA80,and that is why I do not own one anymore.
1)The harmonizer is ALWAYS a full choir sound. It's the max notes played. It also does not behave well from the right hand, which is important to me.
2)You cannot change the tone of the manual bass by simply selecting the new sound. You need to press "Manual bass" - then pick a new sound, then turn OFF manual bass, then turn it ON again before you hear the change!Very bad for on the fly changes.
3)Sounds do not sustain through a new patch change. IF I have a piano sound lingering, and switch to an electric piano while my hands are still holding the keys.... the piano cuts off abrubtly.
4)There is no way to change volumes easily by "stepping up" the volume sliders a notch at a time unless you are in a second page. The main menu page won't do it.
There are other shortcuts, but overall it's still worth the money. It's just not worth the same money as the 9kpro. It doesn't do as much and it doesn't perform as seemlessly.
BTW - I'd trust George Kaye's description of the Triton?Pa80 comparison. He tells it like it is. I don't believe they are identical engines either.