Well guys, we hooked up both systems, running both systems flat with some very slight e.q. on the T2 mixer. I fully expected the T2 to sound better than the Barbettas, particularly the Piano, from what I've read.
We first ran line outs from the left and right outputs into two channels on the Bose. Again, no presets, the Bose was set flat.
We listened to the Pianos, organs guitar, styles, brass -- everything. It sounded fantastic.
Then we disconnected the cables and ran them directly into the Barbettas, left and right.
It sounded good, but nowhere near as good as the Bose. We tried all the same instruments and even used the demos from the Tyros. Again, they sounded good.
Disconnected again and ran back into the Bose. It was like night and day, the Bose sounds far better. No phase cancellation, no problem with the leslie effects or S.A. voices. I don't understand what the problem is; to me there is no problem.
I was ready to junk the Bose and buy two powered speakers again, but there is absolutely no need to do that. I would be going backwards.
Just my opinion, but one shared by my trusted friend and long-time music pro Hank Bowman.
And they were HIS Barbettas!
We spent about 45 minutes testing this, but it really only took 30 seconds to hear what we needed to hear.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 05-18-2006).]