At one time or another I've seen many famous singers sing to tracks. For instance, on Regis and Kelly and other similar programs, there's no band or anything, so the singer sings to their recorded tracks. Most people figure that out and accept it.

As for one of us leaving the keyboard and working the room, it depends on the situation. In retirement community shows, it's an awesome thing to do because you can have intimate contact with the audience. And I do sit right back down and tear it up on the KB. I would never ever do a whole show to tracks, but a couple of great, well chosen arrangements can really be effective. I usually do my own with the arranger and background vocals, ect, however, if you want to end your show with New York, New York, there's nothing better that Frank's arrangement. Again, just my humble opinion.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala