Originally Posted By: miden
16g is a LOT of memory if just loading PDF's Bill, but, in truth what happens is we all get tempted and in fact DO load up all kinds of other stuff smile

Apps, games etc etc...With the iPad 2 now out, there are bargains galore for the 64gig iPad 1..all still new as well smile

Dennis

With UnReal Book able to associate a backing track (audio or MIDI) or a Performance load (via sys-ex) to each and every chart, I can see that memory going faster than you might think... especially if you use high bitrate MP3's that sound almost identical to CD quality (or even full .wav's if you want the ultimate sound quality) wink

My fakebook pdf collection is only about 1 GB so far, but I haven't been collecting for very long (any help will be appreciated!).

Scott... do you actually PLAY with the iPad like that? How do you get to the T4's screen, or see what is going on?

I think, with these displays obviously very affordable now, that it is time for the arranger manufacturers to start to incorporate them into the keyboard itself. Yes, Korg, Yamaha, Ketron, and Roland back in the day all have nice color screens, usually touch sensitive (time for Yamaha to jump on board, IMO), but none of them were this kind of size. What we currently have is just too darn SMALL to be as useful for chart and lyric display without a lot of restrictions.

Imagine an iPad that pops up, hinged at the back (a la Korg) on your arranger... wow! Just what the doctor ordered!