Originally Posted By: Mike Martin
iPad is not required at all. Ralph received the PX-5S just a couple days before the show and is simply using it to access stage setting

-Mike Martin
Casio

Well there you have it from the horses mouth. In my opinion, Casio is spot on with their new digital pianos. I'm really in love with my PX-350 because the keys and concert grand piano sound are really responsive. Maybe someday in the future, I will use it as a controller with Ivory II. As it is, it's pretty close to perfection.

I'm not in the market for the PX-5S. I think their demo is impressive, however. It's very light, it has 240 polyphony, the ivory feel keybed with progressive hammer action, advanced editing, the ability to play wah wah, clavinova.

If I were using it on stage, I would probably get the iPad because the LED does look pretty small - too small. However, I wouldn't think of it as the keyboard costing an extra $500. The iPad can be used for so many musical applications and so many other things besides being an extension of a keyboard.

I got the iPad under the mistaken assumption that I could do advanced editing with my Yamaha PSR-S950. Not true.