Russ, I can tell you first hand that gettin' old sucks - it's that simple! Modern medicine has made it so we can outlive our body parts. Consequently, your mind remains relatively sharp, your heart keep beating, but lots of body parts just no longer can tolerate the abuse we have given them over these many decades. I spent a lot of years working in medicine, I got to see more things than I would have liked to, and now, working the NH circuit I'm actually meeting some of my high-school classmates and other acquaintances from 60 or more years ago.

Fortunately, you are multi-talented and well versed in every instrument you play. There will come a time, though, when your mind will continue to make appointments your body cannot possibly keep. Believe me, you WILL know when that happens and make another adjustment. For now, though, learn to love that arranger keyboard - it may be your best friend in the world of musical instruments.

Good luck old friend,

Gary cool

PS: Learn some Jimmy Buffett songs - the folks I met in the Florida Keys that were from the Lexington area loved them.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)