SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#118724 - 01/17/06 09:48 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I guess you've made up your mind. I don't think you should leave. I always enjoy reading your posts and listening to your music. You're one of the icons of SZ!

Do what you've got to do...

Good luck with everything!
Chony

#118725 - 01/17/06 09:59 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Squeak: You're right. Nasty people abound in every venue & walk of life. If it's not race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, sexuality, political affliation, body size/type, they'll find 'something ELSE' (perhaps your keyboard brand/model preference) to target. Case in point:

Just substitue the following words into your quote and you'll get what I'm saying:

"(insert your name here), I don't know what your problem is. The majority of our members don't listen to (insert your current keyboard brand/model played here) styles, or whatever it is you (insert your current keyboard brand/model here) owners are listening to these days".

Squeak, If you leave the forum, you'd only be giving that as*hole the pleasure of having beat you at his game. If you want to work in the music biz, this kind of thing unfortunately goes with the territory. As a minority american myself, I've received my share of racial slurs (often sutble) too, but REFUSE to let any of it keep me from doing what I love most: performing and sharing my music with my fans. On the SZ forum, as in the entertainment world as well, the more well known (famous) you become, not only will your fan base grow, but your enemy (jeoulousy) list will grow proportionately as well. Welcome to the real world.

Scott

#118726 - 01/17/06 10:13 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Squeak_D
I agree with the above sentiments of the decent members, these types of people have no place in this day and age.
However best of luck with decision, and I hope that at some time you will return, as who knows, the person who made this comment may be so ashamed that they resign from the forum.

Bill

#118727 - 01/17/06 11:48 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
to the genesys Offline

Squeak,
Its really sad that a person could make a comment like that to you regardless if it was made in a private email. It should not have been made in the first place.

I respect your decision to leave but am still hoping you will come back later.

#118728 - 01/17/06 12:10 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
So if you go Squeek who is going to comment on my Black music should i ever decide to put some of my grooves up in here as a black proud man ?

#118729 - 01/17/06 12:13 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Ps i would aslo publish this fools name . I want to know which Klan member i am dealing with !

#118730 - 01/17/06 12:19 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Guys please! Don't turn this into something that it's not. I've made my decision already. I'm posting this to say that PLEASE re-read the post regarding that comment. I CLEARLY stated that is NOT the reason I'm leaving. Just please leave it alone......

Goodbye.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#118731 - 01/17/06 12:24 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
nielshs Offline

Hi squeak_D

It's not you who should leave this forum, but the person who send you the e-mail. Please let us know who it is and hope that Nigel will throw him out from the SZ forum.

Regards Niels

#118732 - 01/17/06 12:51 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
zuki Offline

I'd vote to NOT disclose the author of your received e-mail. I do not believe in public lynching and this is not the venue for it. We should heed the advise of Squeak and just let it go. Everyone is entitled to a 'mistake'. God only knows that I've been sorry for some poor decisions and comments and I've made. I'm more appreciative and respectful of those who decided not to chastise me, thus allowing me to learn from my mistakes.

(no, I did not send the email!)

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Nord 6D73/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/ATEM Mini Pro switcher/K&M stand

#118733 - 01/17/06 12:59 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
It's Squeak's personal choice on how to handle this, and I respect his decision. I think Squeak made a well thought out decison and at least from where I sit it looks like he took a very high road when he did it.

AJ

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online