SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#118734 - 01/17/06 03:53 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
squeak,lurking is better than leaving, taking a break does yer good, all the best my friend ,and if you change your mind ,well, we will be here,mike

#118735 - 01/17/06 04:04 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
I too am sad to see Squeak go. He and I have not had lot's of interaction but we have both been around here for a long time and I will miss his posts and his enthusiasm. (also his expertise when it comes to synths).

I think the email Squeak recieved disgusting in the extreme but do understand that this is not Squeaks reason for leaving. If Squeaks asks that we leave it alone then we should all abide by his wishes. It is ultimately his call and true to form he has called it with dignity.

I too have had dubious emails in the past (fag, homo etc etc) although thankfully not from longtime members. These have been far outweighed however by the emails I recieve from people here offering advice, support and friendship and that is what makes this place special.

I too wish Squeak would reconsider his original decision but like he says he is doing what he feels is right for him at this moment in time and we should respect that. A public lynching might make us feel better but it won't help Squeak, change his mind or ultimately help the forum.

Just my thoughts
Tony

#118736 - 01/17/06 05:48 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Bye Squeak,
hope you change your mind.
Casio's losing a great advocate for their keyboards.
best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#118737 - 01/17/06 11:24 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It is obvious from this thread that we'll all be sorry to see you go Squeak. Don't let the ignorance of one person who emailed you influence your decision. You already know that is not how the rest of us think or you would have not hung around here for so many years. Why let one person dictate what you should do? By leaving you are letting them achieve that.

I have noticed lately that some people are offended by 1 person in 1000 and are deciding to leave the forum. But in this online world that will never change and I think the ratio is more in your favor here than any other forum you can find online. In other words I really don't think it will be better elsewhere than it is here. There will always be one jerk among us but we should not let them influence us else they have won.

Don't leave Squeak unless you have decided to give in to other people's stupidity.

#118738 - 01/18/06 12:13 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
bad guys get away with doing bad things because the good guys keep quiet. Expose this fool......

#118739 - 01/18/06 12:44 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Whatever we say, the thing is that whoever mailed Squeak with that, for whatever reason, did that in private.

The same person can be one of the most helpful members here, with vast knowledge and wilingness to share.

He/she may be someone who has helped a lot of us "newbies" or other more experienced members here in times of need, helped to learn things that would take months, or considerable research.

So what do we do? Hang him/her because he/she thinks that Squeak likes "black" music? Not in my opinion.

I for one, (although for the record I don't like those kind of emails at all, I despise them to be exact) don't exactly care if I share the same forum here with the Queen of England or a convicted felon.

As long as someone contributes here, and I can interact in a social manner, can rely on his/her knowledge, to learn things I don't know about MUSIC and matters related to MUSIC, I don't care if he is beating his wife, or is drunk half the time, or locking his children in the bathroom all day. If he/she provides remarks that I feel I don't agree or are degrading about me, I will respond as I see fit.

But if I was on the "badly beaten wives" or "locked chilren" forum, I would order this man hanged, and scream "guilty".... but not in this forum which is about MUSIC.

After all, and I don't "hide" because I live far away from the most of you, I probably won't meet any of the members here in person unless you travel in Greece, in which case I would look forward to, so I won't have the opportunity to judge your character or any other charismas or shortcomings.

Can we compartmentalize a little? Divide things in little boxes and keep them locked and separate? Of course some leaking will occur, but it will be nothing compared to mixing everything up. Next thing we will be trying to find who is the culprit, who things blacks are bad, who thinks women are bad and so on...this will become the General Discussion About Everything Else Except Arrangers Forum.

It is sad to see Squeak go, but he has made a decision. He also can make a desision to come back at a later time.
He will be welcome, at least for me, because he expresses kind opinions and gives advice that I find useful for me and many others here. I hope I talk to him via email, from time to time. See you Squeak, I won't shed tears if you leave, but I will nod and smile if you return. You get the idea.
Theodore

PS you may agree with the above, you may not. Here I am, talk to me, or ignore me.

#118740 - 01/18/06 03:04 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Squeak,

I agree with Nigel here. This forum is probably the most sane forum I have ever been on in one of its very BAD days! It has very little resistance and remarkably recovers from blown out of preportion discussions quickly. I hope you can take a break from this all and return when you feel more confident. I will miss my Casio buddy!!

Let me start a war here! 'CASIO RULES'!!!!

or? Just start writing in the Casio area it needs help!

You take care,

-Linda

#118741 - 01/18/06 07:29 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Out of respect for others on this forum i would be happy to start another thread elsewhere trident and i will talk to you about why it matters whether you get your advice from child abusers racists and murders or paedophiles. Some things come at too high a price Trident.

#118742 - 01/18/06 09:56 AM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Hello to all, I've been absent for awhile because of reconstruction of my restaurant and don't have the time as before to participate in this fine forum...just happened to see this thread and want to add my 2 cents...Squeak, I don't want you to go,
if you must, good luck and hopefully you will be back....I think the e-mail you received is sooo out of line and ugly that I don't think this person is of this time in this world....I also want to say, how do you "color music"...black, white, green or blue.....dammit, MUSIC is MUSIC....it doesnt have a color or gender, if you don't like a particular type of music or sound, don't listen to it but don't label it. Keep racism off of this forum, if you want to be a racist, do so in your own mind. We are in the 21 century, a new day, a new age, a new mentality, grow up and except it and let everyone live in peace, as Russ said Squeak is a family man trying to enjoy his music and family and as far as I can tell by his posts, never offended anyone....just my 2 cents...Thank you
TR

#118743 - 01/18/06 02:20 PM Re: I'm out Folks! !! Peace :)
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
When seeing this topic I thought what's that all about... anyway if you guys reed well, Squeak is not leaving at all, but just changes from active to not active.
It's a pity and a shame if you look to the reason for doing this, so I do agree with most comments on this.

Anyway good luck squeak and I am sure we speak to you now and then once in a while.
And you can allways send a mail.

Take care,
Fred

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online