SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#142545 - 09/29/02 08:13 PM X1 - USAGE TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS, PLEASE!?!
Cosmik Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Hi,
I have recently acquired a Solton X1 Oriental. I am generally very pleased with the whole system but I have a few questions about things I cannot figure out from the manual.
I hope someone in this vibrant community can help me.

1) Whenever I activate a registration from the ones already preconfigured on the X1, I would like for the following settings to be on:
-After Touch
-Jump
-Key Stop
-Vocalizer
I know I can save these setting for each registration but is there a way to set them globally so that I don't have to go to each Registration and change/save it individually?

2)There are three buttons for Bass: "Manual", "To Lowest", "To Root".
I can activate the "Manual" and the "To Root" but I do not seem to be able to activate the "To Lowest".
Does anyone know under which circumstances the "To Lowest" is made active?

3) My old Technics (KN1000) had a "Dynamic Accompaniment" button which, when set, would produce some random automatic variation/fill-in when detecting some sudden speed/note changes on the right hand. Is there any similar function of the X1 or an easy way to program it.

4) When I try to load a new pattern, I get the message that the memory is full even though many pattern areas are empty. I guess that this is due to the fact that the Oriental patterns are already loaded at startup.
Is there a way of unloading them (or not loading them at startup) and save them to the hard drive or flash card so that I can make space for other patterns?

Thank you very much for your help.

------------------
Gino

#142546 - 09/29/02 08:29 PM Re: X1 - USAGE TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS, PLEASE!?!
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Hi Cosmic

Congrats on ur X1, I have one and I like it so far.

1)I think you have to do it on each registration of what settings u want

2)I am not sure the answer to this one, but I do want to mention that if you load the ORIETNAL OS many of those buttons will end up with different functions than what they say.

3)X1 does not have such a feature

4)You will have to save those oriental patterns to your hard disk, and once you do that you can go to PATTERN EDIT and delete them, this is the only way to not have them on load up. By the way, you can buy a PATTERN EXPANSION MEMORY that will allow you to have 200 patterns loaded at once. Apparently you do not have that, which means you will be allowed (depending on memory of each pattern) to load about 50 of them or so.

Hope this helps

#142547 - 09/29/02 08:46 PM Re: X1 - USAGE TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS, PLEASE!?!
Cosmik Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
Wow Mosiqaar !!
Talk about speed. I am very impressed.
Thank you very much for your lighting fast and helpful answer.

Very interesting your point about the operating system.
If I got hold of a non Oriental Operating System (from Ketron website?), do you think it would be possible to load it on this keyboard (but saving the Oriental OS so that I can revert back to it?).

I have an 8 MB Flash card, so I guess that I should be able to save the Oriental Patterns to the Flash card and then use the Pattern Edit to avoid loading them as you suggest.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosiqaar:
Hi Cosmic

Congrats on ur X1, I have one and I like it so far.

1)I think you have to do it on each registration of what settings u want

2)I am not sure the answer to this one, but I do want to mention that if you load the ORIETNAL OS many of those buttons will end up with different functions than what they say.

3)X1 does not have such a feature

4)You will have to save those oriental patterns to your hard disk, and once you do that you can go to PATTERN EDIT and delete them, this is the only way to not have them on load up. By the way, you can buy a PATTERN EXPANSION MEMORY that will allow you to have 200 patterns loaded at once. Apparently you do not have that, which means you will be allowed (depending on memory of each pattern) to load about 50 of them or so.

Hope this helps

------------------
Gino

#142548 - 09/30/02 10:48 PM Re: X1 - USAGE TIPS FROM THE EXPERTS, PLEASE!?!
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
About the OS, yes you can go back and forth, but like I said some functionality changes on certain buttons.

About the Patterns, you save them on flash card, but why use it for that if you need it for other stuff. Save them on your HD if you have one and if you don't save them on a floppy. Patterns don't take that much memory.

Cheers

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online