SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#188305 - 05/18/06 12:34 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Don,

Congrats on the new Tyros2.

Cheers.
Armando

#188306 - 05/18/06 01:00 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Prior to the Bose PAS I was using passive JBL 15's with a Peavey powered amp. I never went to the trouble of A-B'ing the two systems because the Bose blew me away the minute I hooked it up and tried various presets.

The JBL's have been retired. And, even the little Samson Powered Speaker I depended on for those really small jobs has been gathering dust, despite the fact it is easier and quicker to set up.

Stereo/Mono has been a non-issue for me. Apparantly it is a non-issue for my audiences as well. I have had nothing but positive comments since becoming a Boser.
Eddie

Eddie: Don M is using 1-L1 and 1-B1, what model(s) of compenents are you using for your Bose PAS?

#188307 - 05/18/06 01:17 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Like I said several months ago, there was never a problem, IMO, with phase cancelation or mono when the outputs are connected into two, separate channels of the Bose PAS. If phase cancellation exists, neither I or my audiences seem to be able to hear it. For the past several weeks I've been using the PAS for all my jobs, big and small, and guess what--the audiences, the folks handing me the checks, love it.

Congratulations Don--you're gonna' love what you can do with this wonderful keyboard.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#188308 - 05/18/06 02:15 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Installed the Hard Drive, updated the MFD, now loading text files. Everything works like a dream.
DonM

#188309 - 05/18/06 02:30 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Scott, thank you.
I used the Bose flat, with no preset. Actually preset zero.I did play the Stereo Grand Piano. It sounded Grand indeed!
Don

Interesting, especially if you played the stereo Grand Piano in 'solo' exposed mode (no auto accompaniment). Hmmm. I suppose Donny should have kept his PAS system then?! For whatever reason, when I last audtioned the PAS with it's 'new' EQ settings, going out Tyros Left and RT channels separately, as well as into the 2 separate channels on the Bose PAS, I still heard serious 'stereo phase cancellation' sound degradation. I've wanted to upgrade my existing PA system to a Bose PAS for quite some time, but until I'm convinced that the stereo phase cancellation problem has really been resolved with the Tyros2 + PAS system, I'm sticking with my current EV SxA100 active PA speaker setup until I upgrade to the awesome sounding EV SxA360's. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-18-2006).]

#188310 - 05/18/06 02:46 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
DonM Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scottyee:
[B] Interesting, especially if you played the stereo Grand Piano in 'solo' exposed mode (no auto accompaniment). Hmmm. I suppose Donny should have kept his PAS system then?! For whatever reason, when I last audtioned the PAS with it's 'new' EQ settings, going out Tyros Left and RT channels separately, as well as into the 2 separate channels on the Bose PAS, I still heard serious 'stereo phase cancellation' sound degradation. I've wanted to upgrade my existing PA system to a Bose PAS for quite some time, but until I'm convinced that the stereo phase cancellation problem has really been resolved with the Tyros2 + PAS system, I'm sticking with my current EV SxA100 active PA speaker setup until I upgrade to the awesome sounding EV SxA360's. - Scott

I don't care.
DonM

#188311 - 05/18/06 02:51 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
DonM Offline

Seriously Scott, hop on a plane and come try it out. Maybe the problem was using the presets. I have not found a preset that improves the sound of any of the keyboards.
I prefer to run no presets, in other words, flat, and do a little e.q. from the kb or mixer.
Really not much is necessary at all.
What the presets are really designed for, are individual instruments. There are dedicated presets for each type of mic, each type of guitar, each type of instrument, and they work great for that. The presets will boost certain frequencies, enhance certain sounds, cut certain frequencies, add filters, etc. However it makes sense that no one preset is right for everything at once, which is what we're doing.
Just my theory.
DonM

#188312 - 05/18/06 03:05 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by RobertG:
Eddie: Don M is using 1-L1 and 1-B1, what model(s) of compenents are you using for your Bose PAS?

Robert...
I am using the standard system with the two linear columns and 1-B1. I know some guys who play heavier rock or reggae who use 2-B1's. But some of the presets pump out far more bass than I care to use (i.e. #s 55 & 57).
Eddie

#188313 - 05/18/06 03:53 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Robert...
I am using the standard system with the two linear columns and 1-B1. I know some guys who play heavier rock or reggae who use 2-B1's. But some of the presets pump out far more bass than I care to use (i.e. #s 55 & 57).
Eddie

I wonder if everyone is talking about the same thing when they say the Bose PAS. Eddie, when you say two linear columns do you mean one stacked on another, on one PS1, or do you mean two stacks. If you look at Bose's site you can see what they call the Single bass package. Is that what everyone is considering?

#188314 - 05/18/06 04:06 PM Re: Congrats to Don Mason on his New TYROS 2 Oh Yeah!!!
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Wanted to say thank you to Eric & Scott for listing the links to the updated Music Finder list. I appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

Scott,
It was nice to talk with you the other day. It's still hot here and I'm about to go jump in the pool.

Regards,

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online