SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#24084 - 06/24/00 08:52 PM sergiu
sergiu muresan Offline

Loc: zalau salaj romania
hello , this is the first time i enter this forum ,because i only recently got full time acces to the web.It is quite interesting and usefull!!
I have a few questions that i hope somone will have the time and kindness to answer.
I am a constant Roland user ,along the time i owned a D20 , an XP50,and now i have an XP60.
I used them for live performances only when i played in several bands,but a little time ago i entered in the composing and arranging
area.The album i recently finished was entirely made on the XP60,and yes it lacks in
fullnes of sound,and it seems to me there are
some inequalties in the sequencer,the drum sounds sometimes skip.Is it because of insuficient poliphony,or is it a hardware problem(in case you also encountered this problem)?I am thinking about starting to work with the computer,with the cubasevst,in witch case i will sell the XP60 and buy an XP30.Is the work with a software sequencer easier and more accurate?II only used the computer for audio recording.
Thank you
sorry if i made any mistakes in writing,english is not my native tongue

------------------

[This message has been edited by sergiu muresan (edited 06-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by sergiu muresan (edited 06-25-2000).]

#24085 - 06/25/00 01:06 AM Re: sergiu
SpamViking Offline

Loc: Vancouver
Hi Sergiu, welcome to the forum.
I have an XP60 and the only real problem I've had is trying to record an LFO patch (square wave) in the sequencer. When I play the patch by itself to the sequencer click (not actually recording), it sounds fine. But When I try to record the damn thing, it sounds all messed up, skipping & generally weak. Other than that, I'd stick with the XP60, as I am also using it with CubaseVST , and it seems to work fine. Although, what I do is sequence the song in the synth, save it to floppy as a midi file, then import that file from the floppy into Cubase & use the "remix" funtion. I haven't actually done any sequencing in Cubase, as I find the XP60's sequencer does the job quite nicely. I may try sequencing in Cubase eventually, but I'm still learning the program
BTW, your english is quite good

------------------
Edges of Seven

#24086 - 06/25/00 08:43 AM Re: sergiu
sergiu muresan Offline

Loc: zalau salaj romania
SpamViking ,please explain why do you import
mid files into your cubase and apply "remix"?
Do you work easier with the tracks?Is that it?
And thanx for the warm wellcoming!!!!!

#24087 - 06/25/00 03:12 PM Re: sergiu
SpamViking Offline

Loc: Vancouver
Basically, I couldn't get the midi working properly any other way, I was having problems with the drum track (channel 10) triggering other tracks. So a buddy of mine showed me how to work around it by importing the midi file into Cubase & using remix. I do actually find this very easy to work with, but you have to remember to mute the midi track you've imported, otherwise you get a flange thing happening. Plus, you can still edit the midi this way.

------------------
Edges of Seven

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online