Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#279533 - 01/18/10 04:29 AM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Robbo:
Youv'e got to see this to believe it!!!

Go to the NVidia site www.Nvidia.com have a look at the keynote address CES2010 particulary the tablet "Tesla" display web pages. Now being a bit of an "it" guru as many of us are here, I can see that you could either stream your sheet music from your own server to the tablet, or use a usb storage device to display. This looks the goods and probably and hopefully will be a cheaper option, allthough I do now have the music pad pro, i'm excited about whats comming up!!

here's the link http://ispss.istreamplanet.com/nvidia/
make sure you have the latest fLASH PLAYER INSTALLED

Your last link did not work for me. Do you mean "Tegra?" Here is info on that.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra_mids.html

#279534 - 01/18/10 10:48 AM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Scott-Can you give a brief over view of how one would put sheet music/charts into the Tyros 2?
Thanks!

Hi Bill: Tyros2 & Tyros3 can display .txt files of lyrics and/or chords, and also have them automatically called up via REG 1-8 buttons when saved in a Reg Bank File. I recommend creating lyrics files utilzing Windows "NOTEPAD". With Tyros2 and font set at 12pt, each line char. max is 63 characters, and the page length is 18 lines, with the 19th line begining page 2, etc. Tyros3's maximum char length per line & and page length (lines per page) is slightly more.

As far as displaying leadsheets (notes/chords) you're able to display them, but only as a background image (sorry, forgot what image format), but I find it impractical on such a small lcd screen, opting to simply display lyrics and chords only (.txt) as I've got no problem playing melody notes by ear as long I've got the chord progression as a road map.

Scott[/B][/QUOTE]

#279535 - 01/18/10 07:19 PM Re: Freehand Systems MusicPad Pro Status
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
I don't know if this size screen would work... but do you know of any app that allows you to import a text file? One might need to be able to scroll it and I don't know if that's possible.

The MySongBook app supports import of Chordie format files. iRealBook supports creating charts either on the iphone/touch itself or on the Mac.

EDIT: Hmmm, mysongbook iPhone app is worth checking into. It does what I asked. If I can just see it and it scrools correctly, that could work.

The mysongbook apps supports scrolling while iRealbook doesn't. Scrolling speed is pretty easy to adjust on the fly so if the music is scrolling too slowly/quickly, you can simply tap on the speed +/- to adjust it. For performing, I find both iREalBook AND MySongBook useful if you simply require a glancing "roadmap" of the chords/lyrics of songs you're at least relatively familiar with. The big advantage of the iphone/touch size and auto scrolling is that it greatly reduces audience distraction and comments like DonM mentioned. Bill, if you already got an iPhone or iPod Touch, I recommend you purchase these apps. I found both a very economical investment. - Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online