SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#338937 - 02/06/12 04:17 PM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Dnj Offline

PLAYING KMA

Here's an interesting review post of the KMA and the comfortability of playing the smaller keys by SZ member Salsaman.

Edited by Dnj (02/06/12 04:21 PM)

#338940 - 02/06/12 04:36 PM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
So, are you buying another microArranger, Donny?

Why did you sell the one you bought?

Ian the Curious

#338941 - 02/06/12 04:41 PM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Ian the Curious

No..... & It wasn't due to the key size at all is all I will say to answer your question.

#338942 - 02/06/12 04:50 PM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj

Ian the Curious

No..... & It wasn't due to the key size at all is all I will say to answer your question.

Okay...I figured you sold it for some other reason than the key size, as you had no problems doing a nice demo with it.

Seems only Scott Yee is doing any real gigging with it...I suppose there are a few more.

Ian

Edited by Nigel (02/06/12 11:34 PM)

#338947 - 02/06/12 05:57 PM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
There are many different opinions about the KMA; size of the keys and such but I see the keyboard differently.

My Views

1-In the past I had to spend between $1,500 to $3,000 to have the excitement that a new keyboard brings. I am able to do that now with only $499.

2-Every inexpensive Yamaha keyboard I have demoed felt and sounded like a toy. From what I have read so far this is not the case for the new KMA. When mine comes I’ll have the answer.

3- Size Size Size Weight Weight Weight -- These are some of the reasons that I bought a Bose Compact. This keyboard will go to places that none of my other keyboards have been; including my mother-laws, ops no she’s gone. (My sick humor, sorry)

Being familiar with both Yamaha and Technics I was pleasantly surprised at some really great features that my Pa800 offers. You can write about a great keyboard and you can make demos but neither is as effective as have a mini version of its big brothers. I am not surprised to see Scott may have an interest in a Pa3x after owning a KMA for such a short time. This may be trend, an introduction to. I am looking forward to the opinions of those who spend some time with the KMA.

I am able to fill this page with features my Korg keyboard offers so that I am able to sound better and be more effective.

John C.

#338985 - 02/06/12 10:43 PM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: ianmcnll]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Don't worry Scott...I was talking with Tony...Nigel is right...we'll listen to him, and we won't tease you about the KMA any more on SZ. smirk

Ian

You guys crack me up lol rotfl

It's not like Scott would take any notice of you anyway. What other small, cheap arranger keyboard that can be carried around easily would you suggest ... oh wait on ... there isn't any other. It fills a very particular niche market and has absolutely no competition.

#338988 - 02/07/12 12:59 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel

You guys crack me up lol rotfl

It's not like Scott would take any notice of you anyway. What other small, cheap arranger keyboard that can be carried around easily would you suggest ... oh wait on ... there isn't any other. It fills a very particular niche market and has absolutely no competition.

Nigel,

I promise not to tease Scott anymore (on SZ).

I know he is very happy with his small, cheap arranger. wink

Ian

#338991 - 02/07/12 01:12 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: ianmcnll]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Another blow. Just like kids, "I got the last blow".
But it all adds color to this forum.

John C.

#338992 - 02/07/12 01:22 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: bruno123]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: bruno123
Another blow. Just like kids, "I got the last blow".
But it all adds color to this forum.

John C.

Oh come on, John...Scott knows full well I'm only kidding with him, as does Nigel.

I tease Scott twice as much on Skype, and it's become a great joke.

Lighten up, buddy...I have said many times the KMA was a stroke of genius on Korg's part.

That still doesn't mean I like mini-keys...I despise them...thankfully, I don't have to ever use them.

Ian

#339003 - 02/07/12 05:53 AM Re: Korg micro-ARRANGER : something a little different [Re: Scottyee]
Tonewheeldude Offline

There is a HUGE problem with these small key arrangers. you simply cant play as fast!!

Nothing to do with the size of the keys - its to do with mass...The same player on a Hammond B3 will be able to play far more notes over a period of a million years or so because time passes slower in the vicinity of a greater mass. So if you want to play fast Latin stuff, definatley avoid the Korg. The Audya 76 is the probably heaviest current arranger so thats the one to go for. plus...you will live longer too.

I think I just came up with my new ad campaign:

"Ketron Audya; Live Longer. Play Faster"

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online