SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#370256 - 08/10/13 08:52 PM SUSTAINED BASS WITHOUT FADE
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
I have done a slow jazz ballad style. In the ending, I have a bass set at 1060 length. I know you are thinking, wow, that is a long sustain. It works beautifully because I am in pianist mode and I can retard my ending and as I play chords, the bass changes to the proper note with this long sustain. I have soft drum symbols and sounds that retard in a very natural way. It works beautifully. However, the bass has a natural fade built into the sound. As I am playing chords on the ending, the bass gets weak. This bass is a custom bass sound that I did and is saved in Sound Memory that I use in the style done in Composer. Since it is a custom bass, I went in and checked the filters on making changes and I see two pages and columns for fade and another for no fade. I have pressed the buttons for no fade and they show but they don't stay. They go back to the default settings. Does anyone know how to keep the bass from fading? I don't want the sustained bass to fade two measures into the ending. My ending is 5 measures long. I hope I have made myself clear. I would very much appreciate any help on this.

Mark

#370259 - 08/11/13 04:45 AM Re: SUSTAINED BASS WITHOUT FADE [Re: kitkat]
mordicus Offline

Loc: Montreal
Hi,

If you go to the sound edit menu and into "Amplitude" and in page 2 of 3 which is "Envelope" you can ajust the release time "rls" of your sound. On a regular "bass" sound this is set to 40 but you can go up to 100 which is ve............ry long release time.

Serge

#370264 - 08/11/13 07:34 AM Re: SUSTAINED BASS WITHOUT FADE [Re: mordicus]
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
Hi Serge,

THANKS, VERY MUCH. I went in and changed the rls setting. I put it to 90 and I didn't hear any change. I noticed all the other settings that were set differently, starting with 100 on Peak. I set all settings up to 100 and kept the rls setting at 90 and am now getting the long full bass. The other lower settings kept it from sustaining full volume. I am getting the results I want. I probably don't need the rls set to 90 but use the stop button when I have finished playing the ending. Having this long sustained bass done in my Ending in Composer allows me to play my ending as long as I want. I have left perfect room for the drum sound to retard correctly by knowing the type of endings I want to do in a slow jazz ballad.

I have never felt comfortable changing settings on Page 2. I am glad to know you are one of the brave souls (smile) willing to experiment beyond page 1.

Mark

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online