SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#486707 - 01/13/20 08:34 AM I can no longer sing...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
because I no longer have vocal ability or control - weird! I can still play, but no better, or worse than before. My typing seems to have improved, though, since yesterday and I know where all the keys are, again. smile

Oh, Hell, gotta get in the shower and get out of here for my first, follow-up doctors appointment. (Guess they need the money.)

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#486712 - 01/13/20 09:19 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
Kabinopus Online   content

Loc: Russia
Take care, Gary! Sorry about the challenges you are experiencing and I admire the courageous way you are getting through it.

Singing was never an ability that I have and although playing music is a big part of my nature, lately I’ve been thinking a lot that people, their thoughts, what they are saying is something extremely essential; sometimes it’s overused or not used properly, but when it’s used carefully it really makes our life more meaningful, so with music or just with words you have a lot of tools of influence.

Sometimes I think that one of the reasons why I prefer to hangout here is the way people here talk; although it takes me some effort to read English, it’s rewarded with the things I read, and you, Gary, are certainly the one who makes a valuable contribution.

#486714 - 01/13/20 09:47 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
because I no longer have vocal ability or control - weird! I can still play, but no better, or worse than before. My typing seems to have improved, though, since yesterday and I know where all the keys are, again.

Gary,
I'm hesitant to write this, but here goes. I'm not a morbid person, and I hope this message is EXTREMELY premature, but I want to say goodbye to you. I've only known a few terminal patients in my lifetime, and each time I had the chance to actually say the word, I missed, or passed on the opportunity, so I'll not make that mistake again. You've been a great friend since day one, and a generous, knowledgable, source of help and information to many. I've enjoyed meeting with you, talking gear, and life's other oddities with you. I've enjoyed your stories, and pictures of your travels along your journey.

I'll repeat - I hope this is very, very premature, and we get many more chances to interact, but on the chance that time will not be as generous to you, as you have been with yours, I want to say that it's been a real privilege to call you friend. I think it's great that you're still finding the strength to post regularly, and play the keys. Music is an expression of the soul, and once you put it out there, the universe will continue to send it along to many more, who will be blessed by it.

I'm happy that your life, and career brought you so many great memories, and however much time you have left to continue making them, I'm sure you'll make the most of it. None of us are promised tomorrow, and many of us waste today, but you are an inspiring example of someone who savored life to the fullest, and I'm sure you will continue to do so until your last memory is made. Vaya con Dios, mi amigo ... I just hope it's not too soon.

Love ya, man.

#486717 - 01/13/20 09:58 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
[quote=travlin'easy]this is very, very premature,

REALLY????? "Via Con Dios" my ass!!.....
how unpositive to write this ....
instead of a positive hopeful message.
Gary ain't going anywhere any time soon...

Hang in there buddy be strong and live everyday to the fullest...
Remember it ain't over till it's over..you got this.

Edited by Dnj (01/13/20 10:06 AM)

#486718 - 01/13/20 09:59 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Donny, Donny, Donny....

#486722 - 01/13/20 10:22 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
RC Offline

Loc: Pa Usa
Uncle Dave. Very touching and well put. I'M sure Gary will receive your post in the sincere way you intended it to be.

#486723 - 01/13/20 10:23 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Kabinopus, you are a dear friend, and a very talented musician. I could watch you perform all night long and not loose interest at all. You really make those instruments shine for you and do them all justice. Thanks for your concern and I hope to hear more of your music in the very near future.

Dave, I really appreciate this gesture very much. So many body parts have recently went south, and more than likely, you are right. While I was typing this, the phone rang, I had to walk 25 feet to the other end of the basement to get my calendar and could barely make it back again - yep, it's that bad.

Donny, you have no idea how bad this can be, and though I would like to be optimistic, it's impossible to do so. I'll check out when it comes, but I know it will be sooner than later.

Thanks again, guys,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (01/13/20 10:26 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#486743 - 01/13/20 01:28 PM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA

REALLY????? "Via Con Dios" my ass!!.....

laugh2 Now thats funny, I don't care who you are. I bet Gary is getting a laugh out of this exchange too. Feel better Gary, you've still got a lot of music in you.

#486744 - 01/13/20 01:32 PM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
Uncle Dave Offline

We all hope that no one's going anywhere "today" ... I just wanted to send some love his way before I couldn't. He posts some somber stuff, and I wanted to let him know that I'm, listening. That's all. I hear ya Gary, and that's all I'm going to add.
Team G - all the way.

#486751 - 01/13/20 01:58 PM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Gary is more than a SynthZone buddy. He is a treasured friend. We've visited each other, broke bread, drank Honey Bourbon, played on the same stages at the same time. Bottom Line: Gary cannot check out without my permission.
Eddie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online