SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#492815 - 03/26/20 03:10 PM Re: SD7 Review Dave [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Tye,
None of the Ketron products store the RH voices for user-styles within the style. The OS uses a pointer to the voice's location. This is why we put numbers in front of all the user voices - so they do not get mixed up in a folder and stay in the same order. As long as you number your user voices it works great with styles.

Deane

#492816 - 03/26/20 03:11 PM Re: SD7 Review Dave [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ketron Registrations are SO powerful; I feel it's the way to go, but of course I just think about how I would use it.

#492830 - 03/26/20 04:57 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: DonM]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Originally Posted By Shade of pale

Originally Posted By Dnj

Quote:

SD7 is a great keyboards if I don’t have both Audya and SD9, I’d have keep it, I hope you’d enjoy it, just check ups it’s on the way, please use it for your FB live, I’d love to hear you with Sd7 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Shades of Pale ...
would love to hear your EA7 review also once you get to using it...

Hi Donny, I always like Roland styles, but the lack of 1. Real Break button 2. No hold button, (to be fair, Yamaha doesn’t have it either ) 3. No restart/restyles button that’s kind of a deal breaker for me. But overall I t does what I expected it to do, small enough, has some of the built in styles from Thailand which I’d like to have 2-3 Times a year. I’m amazed at what Don Mason and other player here made some fabulous music with EA7🤓

Thanx

Tye, try using intro 1 for a fill/break. You have to hit it slightly early, but a lot of the factory styles have been changed to make it very useful.
As far as Hold button, not certain what you mean, but remember a lot of functions can be assigned to the row of buttons on the bottom left. I have assigned 1.Tempo Ritard (to ritard endings mostly), 2. Track Mute (even though there is a dedicated button. Default is mute all style parts except drum and bass). 3. R1 DSP on/off. 4. Lead voice cycle between R1, R2 and R3. 5. Melody Intelligence. 6. Arranger Hold (maybe what you need?) 7. Lower Hold
This arranger is VERY deep. Don't give up on it until you learn what all it can do. In many cases a long press (press and hold) opens up editing screens. The Balance knob doubles as a data wheel...much, much more than isn't readily apparent.

Thanks Don, it does what I intend to use it for, my main kB probably SD9 or Audya still, I’ll definitely look into all things you mentioned, thanks a lot, like you said there’s a lot of hidden functions on the thing

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#492832 - 03/26/20 04:59 PM Re: SD7 Review Dave [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Don,
I agree. With all the spare time I now have I will dive into them and see how it works for me.
I have been reading AJ's new user manual and it give a pretty good explanation of the registration setup and use.

Deane

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online