SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#58009 - 07/21/05 12:54 PM store changed tempo
Jack Docters Offline

Loc: Eindhoven Netherlands
Hi, Does anyone know how to store a song that I have played in "easy record" of my KN 7000, and will save it in a changed tempo on my SD card . Per example, played in 150 and will store it in 180.
I can increase them with the Tempo wheel after playing but when I'll save the song it have't changed the tempo.

Jack

#58010 - 07/21/05 01:34 PM Re: store changed tempo
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Jack,

Try pressing and holding down the blue SET
button in centre of Panel Memories. You will be presented with PANEL MEMORY MODE screen.
(Put the Display Hold on here). Make sure EXPAND MODE is highlighted.

Go to page 2, scroll down lefthand column and make sure the TEMPO mode is switched to "ON"

You can now save each Panel Memory with a different tempo which when activated should play back at the speed you set them at.

Good luck!

Aud (U.K.)

Go to

#58011 - 07/21/05 01:45 PM Re: store changed tempo
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
By the way Jack, if you have saved your settings either to floppy or SD card, you can then call up your recording,press 'Play' and turn your Tempo Wheel to either faster or slower. You will be able to hear the changed tempo as you work. When you are satisfied, save it again either under another name or by overwriting the original recording. Personally I would save the new slower/faster song under another name.
The beauty of doing it this way is you can listen to your changes before saving.

#58012 - 07/21/05 02:59 PM Re: store changed tempo
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Another way is to change the tempo in the Control track of the sequence. The tempo is recorded in the first beat of the first bar. If you need further details, post back on this thread.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58013 - 07/22/05 01:17 AM Re: store changed tempo
Jack Docters Offline

Thanks Audrey and Bill for your quick replay.
I forget save the song again in the PANEL MEMORY after changing the TEMPO.

Jack

#58014 - 07/22/05 02:22 AM Re: store changed tempo
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hiya Bill
I would like to learn more about how to use the control track.I can't ever find the paramiter I want. Is it track 6 ?
Bernie

#58015 - 07/22/05 04:45 AM Re: store changed tempo
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Bernie - How ya doin' ?
The Control Track generated during an Easy Record sequence, is, as you suggest, Track 6. To access the Control Track editing screen, press Program Menus > Sequencer > Record & Edit > Step Record > 6/CTL. The cursor will appear at beat 1 of measure 1. You should see a single asterisk in this position, indicating that an 'Control Event' is recorded here. However, you need to be aware that there can be several 'hidden' Control Events in this same position. These 'hidden' events can be seen by pressing the CURSOR '>' and '<' buttons and the function of each event will be shown in the box at the bottom of the display. For example : If you just Easy Record a short sequence and then follow the button presses listed above, to view the Control Track editing screen, you will see the first event is 'TOTAL EXPRESSION = 127'. This is the initial overall volume setting and you can change this level by pressing the 'VALUE' buttons. Press the Cursor '>' button and second event 'TEMPO =xxx' (where xxx is a value between 40 and 300) will be shown in the box. Again, you may change this by using the 'VALUE' buttons. Press the Cursor '>' again and you will see 'RHYTHM START' - assuming that your sequence started with the SYNCHRO & BREAK option.
As the sequence progresses, additional Control Events such as Panel Memory changes, Fill-Ins, Technichord On/Off, Transpose, Style Variation changes etc. may be recorded in the Control track. Again, there may be multiple events 'hidden' under a single asterisk.

If you wish to edit some of these events, for example, in incorrect Panel Memory change which you made during the recording, play back the sequence and make a note of the Measure number in which you wish to make the change. Stop the sequence playing and access the Control Track editing screen. Use the 'MEAS' buttons to scroll forward to the noted measure and if necessary, use the 'CURSOR' buttons to move forward through the measure, until the cursor is placed over an asterisk and 'PANEL MEMORY X-n' shows in the box. (X = Panel Memory Bank and n = 1 thro 8). Press the 'ERS' button on the right hand side of the display. The asterisk may or may not disappear, depending on whether there is a single event or multiple events, at this position in the Control Track. Enter the correct Panel Memory change at this point, by just pressing the appropriate Panel Memory button. You should also hear a 'Beep' confirming that the new Control Event has been entered. When you have made the change, press the Sequencer 'PLAY' button and audit you sequence. If you wish to make further changes to Control Events, just repeat the process.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#58016 - 07/22/05 06:27 AM Re: store changed tempo
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Well Done! Willum

#58017 - 07/22/05 10:50 AM Re: store changed tempo
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Good Job ORB,
Thanks for sharing. I have saved this for posterity
Bebop

#58018 - 07/22/05 10:53 AM Re: store changed tempo
Jack Docters Offline

Sorry , I was a little previous.
When in the PANEL MEMORY the EXPANDED is hightlighted and I increase the tempo of the played song, after that I store it again in PANEL MEMORY (1)then I save them on my SD card.
Now I bring him back to the keyboard but the tempo have not changed.
What did I wrong ?

Jack

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online