SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88036 - 01/08/09 08:29 AM To Bebop, Mike and Dano...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey folks, the checks are in the mail. They were mailed Tuesday, the 6th. Let me know when you get them. Thanks for your help.

Russ

#88037 - 01/10/09 07:18 AM Re: To Bebop, Mike and Dano...
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
thanks for the heads up I was worried I may have missed it.
And I went to the mailbox and there it is thanks.
I'll deliver that along with mine on Monday

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 01-10-2009).]

#88038 - 01/10/09 11:34 AM Re: To Bebop, Mike and Dano...

Thanks, mike. Animal groups are special to me. This particular one is in the que for my personal annual donation of an amount much larger than the original one.

Be well,

Russ

#88039 - 01/10/09 01:21 PM Re: To Bebop, Mike and Dano...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Dear Russ,
we received your check for 100.00 today for St Judes hospital in Memphis. this is a hospital that is both a treatment and research hospital for children with cancer. No child is turned away because they are unable to pay. They are supported through contributions from people just like all the rest of us.
As you know my wife Jann is from your home state of Kentucky and she wants me to tell you how proud of you she is and I wholeheartedly agree with her.
It is really good of you to support other people's favorite charities including St Judes along with all the rest of us around the world. There are several musicians on my email lists that also support St Judes. I guess musicians have an affinity for sick children. I also find them to be more generous to those in need.
St Jude's will receive 1/2 of our estate when we are gone and it is our hope this will help to find a solution to this dreaded disease for small children
Thank you my friend, You are a good man.
we hope to visit you maybe as soon as next year when we Re-retire again.
Best to you and yours and all our co-supporters of St Jude's Hospital, that was founded by Danny Thomas many years ago
Bill and Jann Forrest

#88040 - 01/12/09 03:51 PM Re: To Bebop, Mike and Dano...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Russ,
I mailed your check along with ours to St Jude Childrens Hospital today. They will be delighted to hear from you.
Thank you very much for your generosity.
I did receive your email reply to day also
I am thrilled to know you will be supporting St Jude on an ongoing basis. Thank you for that. You may well be the one that saves one or more lives there with your support. http://www.stjude.org/about
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 01-12-2009).]

#88041 - 01/24/09 09:00 AM Re: To Bebop, Mike and Dano...
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Hey Russ just wanted to let you know I hand delivered your check, and one of my own, 1/14/09
I got a receipt but they said we would get a note in the mail.
As of today they still haven't deposited my check.

#88042 - 01/26/09 08:56 AM Re: To Bebop, Mike and Dano...

Mike, I REALLY appreciate your choice of such a worthy group. I'm really into independent animal rights organizations. This group is in the que to get a much larger donation annually from my charitable trust.

You're a good man for supporting this worthy group, and it really means a lot that we could do something for them together. The common commitment that musicians sometimes share for causes and issues outside the music realm is strong. It's a priviledge to know you and show our joint commitment to the little "creatures" of the world.

Be well,

Russ

#88043 - 01/27/09 06:26 PM Re: To Bebop, Mike and Dano...
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Russ...

Your gift was well received by the Ed Block Courage Foundation... They and I are totally blown away by your kindness...

Thank You - Thank You - Thank You..

Dan O

#88044 - 01/28/09 11:07 AM Re: To Bebop, Mike and Dano...

Dan, I'm the one really benefiting. Doing a little something that matters with someone you have the bond of music with is "
killer".

These folks will get a sizable annual gift from my trust, and you get my sincere thanks for this small joint effort.

Thanks,

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online