here's a thought... maybe it's not the keyboards that are faulty. oooow

Going back to an earlier comment, I've haven't much used my arrangers as such in the past. I always had my trio with me and we mostly played with SMFs; styles were few and far between. Now that I'm going solo, I find I'm not proficient enough in the nuances of actual arranger playing - actually I'm pretty uncomfortable and revert back to SMFs to save my butt.

I had the opportunity to listen to one of Bill Corfield's sets and was impressed with his playing style and control of his T2. I don't think he used any SMFs. The sound was solid and there was little down time between songs. I'm still fumbling thru music finders, registrations and such. I can't decide which chording system to use. I have been using the AI systm on both boards, but Bill swears by full keyboard. Hell, I can't get anything to sound quite like Bill's style. I guess I'll have to drive down there again and get a lesson from him.

BTW, I went out the other day and cold called on six facilities within 7 miles of me. I've booked two additional places and am waiting on a third. My August could actually be somehat busy and give me a chance to put these boards -and myself - thru their paces.