Originally Posted By: vin5451
For a truely "Blind" opinion (since I can't see which boards are which), and if they truely are in the order which Donnie put them Audya, Tyros, Pa2x, I'd say the Tyros sound more definitive over all including the G70. I agree with Ian that the PA2x (if that was the last one) definitely sounded single dimensional with no character at all. The first brought out some tonality but it still wasn't a true out of the box experience I would be comfortable using live, IMO. The G-70 was good, but it still didn't have as much character as the Tyros. There was also one instrument which just didn't sound right in the mix (maybe two). Was the Tyros a 3 or 4?

Just my $.02.

Very interesting post, Vince, and it inspired me to send the video to a good friend of mine, who is visually impaired (advanced retinitis pigmentosa) and let him judge. He also has my old PSR-8000, and is still enjoying it to the max. He doesn't go on line, so we used his daughter's computer.

Regarding the video, he was of the same opinion as you.

The Tyros4, the Audya, the Korg, and finally, the G-70.

He did add that he thought the Tyros4 also had much better, and far more realistic, panel voices than heard on the Audya, after listening to some on-line demos of both.

Again, sound is subjective, but I have to agree with him.

The instrument in the video Donny posted, was a Tyros4.

Ian