Tony,

I had so many friends that were about my age that sat in front of a TV set since the day they retired. Many are now deceased, and those that are still alive all say "I wish I would have done this or that." I'm still doing the things I want to do, some friends think I'm crazy, my wife thinks I'm insane, but I can guarantee you that the only way you'll see me in a nursing home or an assisted living center is if I have a stroke or suffer from some other sort of debilitating disease. I intend to keep doing the things that others wish they did until I have no bodily parts that still work. My wife will be the first to tell anyone that our 50 years of marriage have not been boring.

Today, the rain is pouring down and the forecast is for three more days of precipitation. Therefore, instead of sitting in front of a TV or PC, I'm headed to the boat to install a new VHF radio, install a book-shelf retainer bar, and take some measurements of the dinette table, which I intend to replace with one I construct at home and install on the boat two weeks from now. (Yes, I'll post some videos or photos.)

124, Most everyone at the party was pretty well blasted by the time I left for the boat. The last thing you want is someone that had one too many drinks to take your gear off the cart and pass it over a couple feet of open water to you. I figured it would be safer if I left the party goers out of the process.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (06/12/12 07:37 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)