OK Chaz, we'll talk 3x.
(hope I don't sound too condescending or patronizing)
I still think it's the best looking, best built keyboard I ever had, and it sounds FANTASTIC. I was last this impressed by my Yamaha 900Pro (no psr prefix, I think that was the one)- metal body, XLR mic input - solid piece, and great sounding for it's day. For THIS day - the 3x has the look, sounds, the patterns, the playback and the FEEL of a true champion. If my "gig" with Justin Bieber (we share the same birth date) ever comes through, I'm takin' the 3x out on the road with me. It'll sit on top of my Rhodes suitcase and that's all I'll need - unless I can find another D-6 to get funky with. (Maybe I'd add a dedicated organ if the roadies wouldn't mind carrying it)I can't imagine a scenario that I would feel lacking if I had the 3x on the job. The only reason it's not going out with me on my one night stands is the lack of on board speakers. I had the Pa-as and it was awesome, but bulky. I need light and fit ...
So, I'm glad you're not angry, and I'm sorry that you don't need an experienced uncle's input, but I think we can agree on the 3x as a top contender in anyone's rig for living room or stadium.
BTW, the "uncle" was a term of endearment when I started student teaching years ago. I was too young to be "Mr" anything, and the nuns (Catholic School) wouldn't let the elementary school students call me by my first name, so we settled on Uncle Dave ... it just stuck.
The sounds on the 3x are more defined than the 1x, and the samples are improved with the DNC effects too. I really think you'd like the upgrade.