Not heard of the term " automatic organ" ever but if you mean an arranger keyboard, then yes I have been told off for using them as " not a real keyboard".
But these days are NOT those days! Like everything keyboards have progressed a long way and can do more and more. They become more useful the more WE learn to use them. If we do not get into them and dig deep we fail at our chosen instrument, in my opinion.

Anyway, today's music if you listen to it is either just rhythmic beats rearranged in different ways ( not music to me) or it is rehashed music from yesterday's hits. People are looking back to the older songs to redo them, because they either like them or they are not talented enough to make up their own originals; or both.

To me that is where the modern arranger workstation comes in, because it complements both the older standards through to the modern hi-hop, electronica style music. Place a synth and an arranger on the same stand and you will be surprised that no one can tell the difference from the dance floor; they won't care. It is only other keyboard players who have their own opinion- and that is all it is.