Originally Posted By Crossover
That‘s interesting. Klaus Dzida recommended me to buy the V3 Desktop, as it‘s also able to assign solo sounds (typical Oberkrain duet trumpet + clarinet) to lower and higher note solo (similar to Tyros/Genos ensemble sounds). But it‘s too expensive for me at the moment, so I chose the Sonority XL. I presently don‘t play with styles any more. For duets, the „Turbosounds“ app (by „Turboreini“, whose sounds are also available as an expansion for V3 desktop) provides a duet option, too.

I guess you have some Celtic expansions? I read there is a cooperation of V3 with someone from Britain.
Actually I am drawn to the patch management capability of the Desktop arranger apart from the styles. What's nice about the Desktop is that you have 16 "virtual" MIDI channels within the unit, and you can layer any combination of 16 sounds/percussion in four different groups (Four groups of sounds would make a registration, and the Desktop can handle 10,000 registrations the user makes), and you can choose any one of the groups with two momentary foot switches (or via MIDI messages). You can save all types settings such as effects, octaves, panning, and so forth.

Yes, I have the Celtic board in my Desktop arranger. Roy in Scotland, the international distributor of V3 Sound, demonstrated the prototype Celtic board a few years ago when he came to the States. I am no expert on Celtic music, but you can utilize the sounds for various types of music.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32