Yeah Bernie, sounds good to me....
Donny, NO DONNY, you still have 4 OTS per reg , so 1 reg will give you what you asked for, if I understand what you detailed out.
Oh no I am not a Pro player, but very tech knowledgable of kbds, MIDI etc..., but I want lightning fast changes...
You can do this a couple ways.
1) 1 Song per reg bank like we have said. AND of course you still have the standard OTS function on EACH reg 1-8...so you could have only 1 song, 1 reg (#1 and 4 OTS) per playlist entry.
2) OR you could have 8 songs in 1 reg BANK, each with 4 OTS of course...add that to Playlist, but then you will need to know which songs are part of that Playlist entry...(up to 8)...so no search by song.

That's the only way I know to do it.
You can have over 2,000 Playlist entry's per playlist, so is it not the same as Songbook (been a while since I had my PA2XPRO)??

A Songbook entry is one song right? A Playlist entry is one song righ? You don't have to use the other reg entry's in a Playlist/reg bank but they are there if you want to.

You don't loose anything as to speed with playlist...you have each song all setup in the playlist entry. As soon as you select it you have a reg bank all set to start playing based on all the parameters you saved with the registration, 4 OTS and all.

I hope I helped some....
If not ask away...
OH, I am loving the SX900 a lot!