Originally Posted By Bernie9
Sorry for jumping in,but I just got my new SX,and am starting the same thing.I can see Donny's problem of not having one song per bank.I have always done it that way on the psr970,and saved my playlists in folders. As I understand it, the playlist is a glorified MFD,holding all needed parameters in each song. As I read it,one makes up the reg bank and adds it to the Playlist Record(database). You then can make up playlists named what you will,with a list of songs you need for that gig. You add records by scrolling or searching.

AM I wrong?

Hi Bernie,
For style playing , it’s the registrations that are the most important part for the time being.

The playlist I suppose is a sort of a database.
The playlist/s is where you organise yourself for your performance. Ie you organise the songs you want to play in a particular list for a particular type of gig, ie if you were doing a gig for over 80’s guessing you’d be playing stuff like Bigband, or old standards stuff along those lines? doubt you’d be getting a request for a number by Maroon 5.
You’ve no doubt got an idea of the type of music your audiences like for the different types of gigs, so create playlist accordingly. Your playlist is also for midifiles , MP3’s etc

Also you can organise as many playlists as you want. ( I’m guessing there is a limit, how many could one need anyway) Your registrations get saved to a data base, you then pick and choose which ones you want to add to the playlist/s.

Did you download the Playlist from Yamaha website

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_...ml#product-tabs

Quite a few well known songs, only 1 song , 1 registration per bank but they can be added to with further registrations.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022