Originally Posted By Bernie9
I will add one more thing. Some do not use a left hand instrument,and can get away with more as far as ascending and descending chords are concerned. Piano player,of coarse, know this very well.

Yup - that's me. I never use a LH sound, because I am playing full chord/melodies with the RH. I use the auto acc parts as a backup to my piano arrangement, which is the best way to compliment my ideas, and vocal choices. Before arrangers, I used a manual synth for bass, and played everything else with my RH, so when the gear got better - I didn't change the approach. I still play manual bass most of the time, but I appreciate the freedom that the auto acc parts give me, and I like how they fill up some of the holes in the arrangement.

Sidenote: In smaller, more intimate settings, I almost NEVER use any auto acc parts. When the instrument is not moving air in significant amounts, the auto stuff sounds less realistic. I switch between auto and manual bass as comfort dictates, but mostly ,y sound is a piano/bass/drums trio with a singer ... and that's worked well for me all these years.