SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#380603 - 01/05/14 09:39 AM Why I love(require) built in speakers ...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, it happened again last night on the job. I was reminded of just how important the in-my-face monitors are to me. I was working a very small restaurant, with loads of mirrors and no absorbing materials anywhere ... a nightmare for some, but the Bose handles this room very well. My current rig allows my vocals and keys to pump through the internal speakers, but NOT the tracks on my iPad or my guitar. They come right from the Bose .... they sound fantastic, but the perceived volume is different to my ears. I must have turned the guitar up to hit my "comfort zone" because the owner asked me to tone the volume down a bit as I was doing a guitar number. He almost NEVER says anything like that to me .. he LOVES the music, and is very gracious and polite when he does give me advice.

I was reminded that I only get these comments when the signal is not "in-my-face" first in these smaller venues. This means that I will go back to using the VLT2, so I can send the guitar, vocals and tracks all into the stereo INs on the PA900. It would have been SO easy if Korg had just kept the aux-in active, but they disconnected it with their first OS upgrade. Grrrrrrr.... what a bummer.

More to setup, but the new advantage is getting the harmonies back when I play the guitar. (YAY!) I am so hooked on the vocal group sound that I really miss it when it's just me singin' alone. Tunes like "We just disagree", "Teach your children", "Afternoon Delight" ... just don't cut it as a solo voice.

So, today - I rewire the rig. (again)
Looks like more freezing rain and snow tomorrow ... might just get an extended weekend from school AGAIN. Geeze ... I'm going to forget my kids' names!

P.S.
I should mention that many of my smaller venues require almost no sound reinforcement for the bulk of the night. It's a background situation (musical wallpaper, I call it - pretty, and appreciated, but stays out of the way) and all I REALLY need is a touch more bass to fill up the bottom end - the KB speakers are almost enough when coupled with my acoustic voice tone. In a bigger room, or a more noisy venue (like my summer spots) it's not an issue - the Bose fills the room and I can hear just fine. It's these TEENY places that are tricky to fill with the kind of sound that I am expected to provide.

I have played many small rooms with just the internal speakers and a small bass amp on the floor ... for fullness. Sounds great in the right setting.

#380604 - 01/05/14 09:55 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Well, it happened again last night on the job. I was reminded of just how important the in-my-face monitors are to me. I was working a very small restaurant, with loads of mirrors and no absorbing materials anywhere ... a nightmare for some, but the Bose handles this room very well. My current rig allows my vocals and keys to pump through the internal speakers, but NOT the tracks on my iPad or my guitar. They come right from the Bose .... they sound fantastic, but the perceived volume is different to my ears. I must have turned the guitar up to hit my "comfort zone" because the owner asked me to tone the volume down a bit as I was doing a guitar number. He almost NEVER says anything like that to me .. he LOVES the music, and is very gracious and polite when he does give me advice.

I was reminded that I only get these comments when the signal is not "in-my-face" first in these smaller venues. This means that I will go back to using the VLT2, so I can send the guitar, vocals and tracks all into the stereo INs on the PA900. It would have been SO easy if Korg had just kept the aux-in active, but they disconnected it with their first OS upgrade. Grrrrrrr.... what a bummer.

More to setup, but the new advantage is getting the harmonies back when I play the guitar. (YAY!) I am so hooked on the vocal group sound that I really miss it when it's just me singin' alone. Tunes like "We just disagree", "Teach your children", "Afternoon Delight" ... just don't cut it as a solo voice.

So, today - I rewire the rig. (again)
Looks like more freezing rain and snow tomorrow ... might just get an extended weekend from school AGAIN. Geeze ... I'm going to forget my kids' names!

Good luck Dave ....different gig assignment setup are an ever going changing thing....gotta be flexible!!
As for me at this juncture I love my Yamaha powered DXR 12's....but realized I need an In-Between powered speaker system also for when just the S-950 speakers aren't enough for the mini 10 pp gig or need Less then the power of the DXr's for lets say 20-40pp smaller gigs....I probably need another Bose compact for those, even though I had both L1/Compact systems for CERTAIN situations it would be good to have in my tool box again ....I did TWO Millionaires HOUSE Xmas parties this year (pictured below) and the Bose compact would have shined there in that scenario being I was playing in their living rooms with 20 rich people feasting.
Anyone selling a compact cheap contact me?

Attachments
IMAG0590-TWINKLE.gif

IMAG0597-1.jpg

Edited by Dnj (01/05/14 10:20 AM)

#380607 - 01/05/14 10:12 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, didn't you enter the free Bose drawing?

I get to do an occasional living room party now and then, and most of the time I just use the S950 onboard speakers. And because I'm using the Crown CM-311A headset mic, no problem with feedback even if I have to turn it up a bit loud. However, I always have an L1 compact with me in the van - just in case. This happened last year when the people who hired me decided to move the party outdoors to a massive patio that surrounded their swimming pool. Of course, the music guy is always the last person to find out there was a change of venue. The L1 compact did a fantastic job, and they hired me for this year's party on the spot.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#380609 - 01/05/14 10:24 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary I don't like the sound of the compact but in special situations it is the right small lightweight tool although mono... I did play piano for cocktail hr also..great gig...
if I can find a compact at a sweetheart deal price I might go for it. cool2

Attachments
piano.jpg

#380618 - 01/05/14 10:51 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

If you need something in-between for a small venue, I can really recommend a pair of FBT Jolly 5 BA (or the brand-new successor FBT J5A). They are incredibly powerful for the 16 pounds per pair they weigh. They sounds very clear. They have 80W RMS per speaker. Alternatively, a Bose Sounddock 10 (the big one) is also very powerful with similar weight of 18 pounds, I compared it directly to the FBT. The Sounddock wins regarding deep bass and crisp highs, but the FBT are better with respect to stereo field and SPL. Both are far, far superior to any built-in keyboard speakers.

Edited by rosetree (01/05/14 10:56 AM)

#380623 - 01/05/14 11:16 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, I know you don't like the Bose sound system, but there is probably a lot more performers out there that do. Whatever floats your boat. I do know that after more than a half-century of using just about every conventional sound system available, I would NEVER go back to using a conventional sound system again. From the first time I heard Uncle Dave play that Bose L1 in that Philly restaurant, I knew that was exactly the sound quality I had been searching for through all those years. I ordered that first Bose L1 standard the following day and never looked back.

Gary cool

#380625 - 01/05/14 11:30 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Whatever floats your boat.
Gary cool

That says it all,....... and I cant live in a MONO world wink Nh gigs thats ok...big venues like I mostly play..NO WAY!
I also looked at that Bose sound dock 10 suggested for small jobs, ..looks like a toy to me confused1 ...could that possibly have the power of a Bose Compact or hold a arranger Kb/vocals on a small gig???? eek2 headphone

Bose Sound Dock 10

Edited by Dnj (01/05/14 11:33 AM)

#380631 - 01/05/14 11:42 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Whatever floats your boat.
Gary cool

That says it all,....... and I cant live in a MONO world wink Nh gigs thats ok...big venues like I mostly play..NO WAY!
I also looked at that Bose sound dock 10 suggested for small jobs, ..looks like a toy to me confused1 ...could that possibly have the power of a Bose Compact or hold a arranger Kb/vocals on a small gig???? eek2 headphone

Bose Sound Dock 10

I guess you just looked at it, but didn't listen to it... I don't say it sounds as powerful as the L1 Compact, because I haven't compared those two directly. But it's everything else but a toy.

Edited by rosetree (01/05/14 11:45 AM)

#380633 - 01/05/14 11:45 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Guess you won't know till you try it. Keep in mind there is nothing on the planet that holds a candle to the Bose Wave Radio, and they're about the same price. Looks like the aux input, however, is mono, a single RCA plug, or maybe stereo via the USB connection - don't know and the specs don't say. You would have to ask someone at Bose about that.

Gary cool

#380640 - 01/05/14 11:54 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: travlin'easy]
rosetree
Unregistered

No need to ask Bose, I own the Sounddock 10 and have used it for gigs already. As I wrote, I compared it directly with my FBT 5 BA. It rocked a Christmas event of 60 people last year, the bass made the floor vibrate. The input is stereo of course, it's a for a thin stereo line-in cable.

Attachments
13m-bose-sd10b.jpg

Edited by rosetree (01/05/14 11:58 AM)

#380641 - 01/05/14 11:56 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: rosetree
No need to ask Bose, I own the Sounddock 10 and have used it for gigs already. It rocked a Christmas event of 60 people last year, the bass made the floor vibrate.

I dont doubt it , BUT, This would definitely have to be heard in person using my KB and vocals, for me to ever consider it on a gig of any kind.... confused1

#380644 - 01/05/14 12:00 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, that auxiliary input is a 1/8-inch stereo jack that's next to the RCA video jack. So, it's stereo.

Gary cool

#380646 - 01/05/14 12:04 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Donny, that auxiliary input is a 1/8-inch stereo jack that's next to the RCA video jack. So, it's stereo.

Gary cool

ok so L/R Y plug adapter to 1/8" stereo.....which in that small size sound dock 10 etc..ain't gonna matter rolleyes
but how does it sound overall.... ??? personally I think it would break up under pressure....as did my compact, and Roland BA330 many times....hence selling them quick.. shocked

#380648 - 01/05/14 12:08 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

I think you may be asking it to do more than it was intended to do. I can make ANY sound system break up (distort) by overdriving it, Bose, conventional, or any combination thereof. You said you wanted something for living room or family room parties, this may be the answer. Don't know until you try. Keep in mind that Bose is one of the only companies that provides you with that money back trial period - so there's really no risk involved, unless you decide you like what you hear and keep it.

Gary cool

#380649 - 01/05/14 12:08 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

I dont doubt it , BUT, This would definitely have to be heard in person using my KB and vocals, for me to ever consider it on a gig of any kind.... confused1

Of course it should be tested before buying. Two L1 Compacts will definitely be much more adequate for a medium event than a Sounddock 10, but if you want to have something even more compact, it's not at all to be underrated - as aren't the FBT Jolly 5 BA either.

#380651 - 01/05/14 12:11 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Of course it should be tested before buying. Two L1 Compacts will definitely be much more adequate for a medium event than a Sounddock 10, but if you want to have something even more compact, it's not at all to be underrated - as aren't the FBT Jolly 5 BA either.

Within this discussion all my dislikes of my old Bose L1's, Compacts dismay is all coming back, MONO, NO MIDRANGE, HAVE TO USE TWO UNITS FOR STEREO, ALL THAT LUGGING PIECES, POLES extensions, AND CASES yuk!....so I have slapped myself in the face and I'm over it......My Powered YAMAHA DXR12's will handle any of my gigs small or big with NO problem at all.....dammmm what was I thinking? confused2

Edited by Dnj (01/05/14 12:13 PM)

#380654 - 01/05/14 12:22 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Geeze, and I thought you just hit the scratch-off for $600 and wanted to spend it before you had to claim it as winnings on your income tax. wink

Gary cool

#380690 - 01/05/14 06:38 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
my dislikes of my old Bose - MONO, NO MIDRANGE, HAVE TO USE TWO UNITS FOR STEREO, ALL THAT LUGGING PIECES, POLES extensions, AND CASES

OMG - you missed all the best points.
** Most people say they are ALL midrange ... don't know where THAT came from, but I can EQ the system to be as good as anything out there
** Designed to not need 2 - stereo is not better with the line array
** lugging? Are you serious? The setup time and ease of operation is twice as efficient as a conventional system that requires cables, stands, cases etc .... the Bose is WAY easier than any of its competition to set up and carry.

You're just bored. And you DON'T want another Compact - at any price - get over it.
smile

#380691 - 01/05/14 07:09 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Ditto! smile

Gary cool

#380692 - 01/05/14 07:17 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

I rest my case........enjoy your Bose... I can respect that.....
but will never use them again for My needs.

enjoy.

#380699 - 01/05/14 09:14 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I'm still a Bose convert. Like Gary, that clear, crisp sound is what I've been looking for all my life. For very small gigs I use the on board speakers alone. For slightly larger venues, I use the Bose without the tower extensions. For larger jobs, I use the tower, and for very large jobs, I have a second Compact that I use. This covers all my needs.

Joe
keys

#380710 - 01/06/14 07:43 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

I am totally Bose addicted, except I haven't got an L1 compact yet, but only smaller devices which I divert from their intended use: the Sounddock 10 for medium venues, the Sounddock portable plus Companion 20 for small-to-medium venues or small churches and the Sounddock portable alone for quick registry-office weddings (only for piano sound), where it's important to assemble and dissassemble my equipment in less than 5(!) minutes.

#380714 - 01/06/14 08:03 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA

enjoy.

I've never considered Bose because of the price and I just don't believe an 8" woofer in the Compact can cover a party. Maybe two but then we're back to price. I think the Kiss method is best . I have this system for my studio and small gigs. The mixer and cables fit into a gym bag, weight next to nothing and I can use one or two speakers (stereo !!! ) plus have the option of bringing one of my very small Peavey mic stand monitors to put the sound right in my face. Surprizingly powerful system and good bass for the dance stuff.
BTW I know I was kicking around the idea of the Yamaha DXR10's but I really like having my mixer near me so either having just a mixer to powered speakers or a powered mixer is a toss up. The powered mixer requires less cables.
Donny, if you ever want to spend a nice day in Cape May your welcome to stop by and demo it.
Made in the USA and very affordable. I also have the discontinued LM12 speakers (no longer available with the NEO magnets ) with a Yamaha 512 mixer I have used extensively and they are still amazing. Just found a used LM153 speaker for my organ/bass stuff.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/XP800L-PM10

Edited by Bill Lewis (01/06/14 08:10 AM)

#380718 - 01/06/14 08:24 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Hey Bill, you are just over an hour's drive time from my part of the world. C'mon down. You're welcome anytime and you can try out the Bose L1 Compact and get some hands on experience.

Gary cool

#380719 - 01/06/14 08:33 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
No Bose for me.... EVER.In fact, I play opposite a guy occasionally and WILL NOT use his system, even though it is already hooked up and ready to go. Sounds AWFUL to me. He LOVES IT!

As someone said: Different strokes!.

Russ

#380720 - 01/06/14 08:56 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I use QSC K 8 for small venues. DXR 12 for large. And DSR subs even larger or outdoor events. I am looking to get a pair of QSC K10 to replace my K 8 and use them for small events and use k 8 for monitor. K series the best for what we do sterio and sound great under 20lbs 1000wt what more can you ask for. I put them on little amp stands and set up in 10 seconds .

Ron

#380722 - 01/06/14 09:07 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
I use QSC K 8 for small venues. DXR 12 for large. And DSR subs even larger or outdoor events. I am looking to get a pair of QSC K10 to replace my K 8 and use them for small events and use k 8 for monitor. K series the best for what we do sterio and sound great under 20lbs 1000wt what more can you ask for. I put them on little amp stands and set up in 10 seconds .

Ron

Ron I hear you...The DXr12's are amazing ...I was thinking of getting the added DSR subs also headphone ...
that would sound AMAZING at my big jobs!! dance

#380724 - 01/06/14 09:08 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

enjoy.

I've never considered Bose because of the price and I just don't believe an 8" woofer in the Compact can cover a party. Maybe two but then we're back to price. I think the Kiss method is best . I have this system for my studio and small gigs. The mixer and cables fit into a gym bag, weight next to nothing and I can use one or two speakers (stereo !!! ) plus have the option of bringing one of my very small Peavey mic stand monitors to put the sound right in my face. Surprizingly powerful system and good bass for the dance stuff.
BTW I know I was kicking around the idea of the Yamaha DXR10's but I really like having my mixer near me so either having just a mixer to powered speakers or a powered mixer is a toss up. The powered mixer requires less cables.
Donny, if you ever want to spend a nice day in Cape May your welcome to stop by and demo it.
Made in the USA and very affordable. I also have the discontinued LM12 speakers (no longer available with the NEO magnets ) with a Yamaha 512 mixer I have used extensively and they are still amazing. Just found a used LM153 speaker for my organ/bass stuff.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/XP800L-PM10

Thanx for the invite and Kiss review Bill....but only Powered speakers for me cool2 .....I control everything from my Yamaha MG102cx Mixer keys

Edited by Dnj (01/06/14 09:09 AM)

#380726 - 01/06/14 09:23 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Top this for portability and quick set up. I’m working solo with a S950 (internal speakers), with a pair of Behringer MS 16 powered monitor speakers to fill out the sound. Works great for dining music----all instrumental.

#380728 - 01/06/14 10:27 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: J. Larry]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: J. Larry
Top this for portability and quick set up. I’m working solo with a S950 (internal speakers), with a pair of Behringer MS 16 powered monitor speakers to fill out the sound. Works great for dining music----all instrumental.

If you're happy with the Behringer MS16, it's ok. But they weigh more than a Bose Sounddock II/portable and only have 2x8 Watt. So I'm sure the small Sounddock tops it for portability and quick set up, but unfortunately also regarding the price.

Edited by rosetree (01/06/14 10:55 AM)

#380729 - 01/06/14 10:54 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

http://www.mackie.com/products/srm150/

this could work also on small jobs.... headphone

#380730 - 01/06/14 11:20 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
rosetree
Unregistered

Yes, it has many good ratings on Thomann.de, only the bass frquencies are very limited, otherwise obviously very powerful and lightweight.

#380733 - 01/06/14 11:42 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Yes, it has many good ratings on Thomann.de, only the bass frquencies are very limited, otherwise obviously very powerful and lightweight.

I had one before worked great for my very small gigs combined with the great speakers on the S-950 it should do very well....& I'm talking 10-20 people in a space the size of a living room. headphone

#380734 - 01/06/14 12:47 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bill Lewis Offline

Gary, Don, Maybe Dave and Fran

Gary thanks for the invite, I may do that this winter. As for Dave and Fran and anyone else interested, I'm kind of in the middle of Gary and Don so maybe on one of these cold- nothin- to -do winter days we could all hook up for lunch and maybe a jam session.
My PA's better than yours, my keyboard sounds better and can make expresso type of thing.

#380735 - 01/06/14 01:51 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Sounds like fun - now all I need to do is find a day off, which ain't easy. smile Not complaining, mind you - it just ain't easy. Usually, when I get a day off, which is rare, I usually go up to the town of Perryville and pay a conical visit to the boat - just to make sure everything is still OK. Lots of things can go wrong in winter to a boat. Jack stands can sink into the ground, snow and ice accumulate in the cockpit and plug up the drains, bilge can freeze up, lots of nasty things that I didn't have to worry about while in the Florida Keys. Tonight, the temperature here is supposed to drop to -2 f. Gonna fire up the fireplace and snuggle up with Lady Carol and watch a movie. smile

Gary cool

#380753 - 01/06/14 03:45 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

I just talked to an American Legion director in Perryville, which is also where I keep my boat. We could do a sound system shoot-out in their hall any night they don't have their Karaoke guy there. If I recall, he's usually there on Saturday's. I would love to do this, and can set it up if you guys want. I think it would be neat, and the folks at the legion would love it as well. It would be a kind of mid-Atlantic Synthzone Jam. It would really be nice to get some of those southern boys up here as well, but I doubt that they'll want to drive to the frozen north.

Let me know,

Gary cool

#380755 - 01/06/14 03:58 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Gary if you can get Don M to come & Eddie Shoemaker,Joe Ayala, and anyone else from SZ.. and I'll drag Fran & Dave on a road trip down I-95 no problem....but as always its all about the available dates too....
I'm sure we could get AJ also..

Edited by Dnj (01/06/14 03:59 PM)

#380757 - 01/06/14 04:37 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

I'm pretty sure I could get Joe Ayala, maybe Ray Bastenelli, Johnny Walker, and a few others, but getting Don Mason and Eddie Shoemaker out of the sunny south this time of year is out of the question. They're too damned smart to expose those fragile southern bodies to this kind of nasty, cold weather. wink And I still have some old sound systems around here, at least one Barbetta Sona 32SC.

Gary cool

#380759 - 01/06/14 05:55 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Better off doing a Skype jam...lol

#380804 - 01/07/14 12:02 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

I just said in this thread how much I like the small Bose Sounddock as a mini keyboard speaker. Today I'm very disappointed: I intended to buy the new Bose Soundtouch 20, a model similar to the Sounddock portable, but somewhat more powerful and still only 7 pounds. It is mainly designed as a wifi sound system, but also has a mini jack input. But one stupid detail makes it unusable as a keyboard speaker: There is a time lag for the input signal! Somebody wrote about it on Amazon.com, and today I tested it in a store - it's true. You would hear what you are playing half a second later. What a stupid thing...

#380869 - 01/08/14 06:23 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: ]
Bill Lewis Offline

Something about using entertainment systems meant for the home for professional music work is just not right. For the high cost of Bose anything get a small portable PA. Yamaha 400i or similiar.
I have the Bose Home Radio/CD changer setup. If it wasn't a gift I wouldn't have it. Way overpriced.

#380870 - 01/08/14 06:26 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
Something about using entertainment systems meant for the home for professional music work is just not right.

clap

#380906 - 01/08/14 11:31 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

Normally it's not advisable, but I don't agree in this case. I tested the Sounddock portableagainst JBL Control 2 PS and against Genelec 6010 and 8020 studio monitors. In relation to its weight it has a fantastic output for piano sound. Why should I only follow the manufacurer's desires for what purpose I use a product for? If it serves the purpose for something else that perfectly, I use it for that purpose.

#380911 - 01/08/14 11:46 AM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

I'm Waiting for a package as we speak today... wink

Attachments
speaker-emoticon_design.png

ups2.jpg

Edited by Dnj (01/08/14 11:50 AM)

#380915 - 01/08/14 12:38 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
My delivery woman looked NOTHING like that today ... mad

#380923 - 01/08/14 01:17 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
travlin'easy Offline

Mine did, Tony, cept mine has blond hair and wasn't wearing the shorts she wears when the weather's warm. I'll try to get a photo of her the next time she's here in summer.

Gary cool

#380938 - 01/08/14 02:16 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

I've always said your the luckiest ol' codger I know !!! ...

#380952 - 01/08/14 03:28 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

No, that would be my wife. smile

#380960 - 01/08/14 05:30 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa

No, that would be my wife. smile

Hey Don, does Susan know that S-Z even exists?!? ... I wouldn't tell her if I were you ... bounce

#380963 - 01/08/14 05:55 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh she knows. She thinks of all of us as a bunch of kids playing.

#380965 - 01/08/14 07:03 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Very perceptive, that Susan ...

#380970 - 01/08/14 11:10 PM Re: Why I love(require) built in speakers ... [Re: DonM]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Originally Posted By: DonM
Oh she knows. She thinks of all of us as a bunch of kids playing.

...which goes to prove that women are wiser than men. grin

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online