SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#485944 - 01/06/20 04:07 AM Live with GroovyBand Live!
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
On a PSR S770 only - this time I focused on the three right hand voices and the one left hand voice.

LiveImprovision02

#485970 - 01/06/20 10:15 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

This program really inspires me (a good songwriting tool indeed) - this is a little something of my own to demonstrate some of the the voices.

LiveImprovision03

Note: Everything played in Variation 7 only. Right Hand voices R2 & R3 controlled purely by the way I play the keys! This is GENIUS!!!

I am going to ask the Groovyband Live! team to do the same for drum fills, almost like the Audya...

#486034 - 01/07/20 01:35 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I think most should know this instrumental only song:

007 90sRockBalladGvy

#486069 - 01/07/20 12:29 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By Henni
This program really inspires me (a good songwriting tool indeed).....

I am going to ask the Groovyband Live! team to do the same for drum fills, almost like the Audya...

Thanks Henni.

We have got your email. We always promptly listen to good ideas!

Just to be sure: do you want to press the keys on the left of the split harder than normal in order to trigger a binding?

We could implement the following bindings:

ACMP120, ACMP110, ACMP100, ......

They are triggered when you press any key on the left of the split with a velocity harder than the value in the binding name (to adjust the mechanism threshold to taste).

Additionally, since by design a single key press NEVER triggers a chord change, you could activate those bindings in any moment with a single "hard" key press on the left that will not even change the chord. Or you could play a multifinger chord harder than usual (possibly refingering the current chord).

Of course you can bind everything: a fill in or anything else.

Is this right?

#486070 - 01/07/20 01:00 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

When will they make a full You tube demo so we can see how this program really works in real time?

#486073 - 01/07/20 01:07 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
You can download a free demo so you can try it for yourself. Is better then any video imo.

#486078 - 01/07/20 01:38 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frans,
only problem with that, you also have to own a psr keyboard.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486080 - 01/07/20 01:40 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By FransN
You can download a free demo so you can try it for yourself. Is better then any video imo.

Rikki I would like to see it demonstrated by the creators who know all about it and can explain & show how it works live.....

#486083 - 01/07/20 01:50 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

I think for those interested they already have a psr keyboard. If not why bother.

#486085 - 01/07/20 02:09 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
rikkisbears Offline

I think for those interested they already have a psr keyboard. If not why bother.

Hi Frans,
yes I suppose, but if it could be shown that it really makes and older psr sound like an sx or a Genos ? one could pick up a second hand psr cheap, plus the software.

Some people do like using software arrangers, personally nowadays, I really don’t think I could be bothered.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486087 - 01/07/20 02:14 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: rikkisbears]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears

Hi Frans,
yes I suppose, but if it could be shown that it really makes and older psr sound like an sx or a Genos ? one could pick up a second hand psr cheap, plus the software.

Some people do like using software arrangers, personally nowadays, I really don’t think I could be bothered.

I don't think they provide completely new samples with the software, or do they? If not, an older arranger can never be made to sound like a Genos...

Edited by Crossover (01/07/20 02:14 PM)

#486147 - 01/07/20 08:28 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: groovyband.live]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By groovyband.live

Just to be sure: do you want to press the keys on the left of the split harder than normal in order to trigger a binding?

Yes! That's EXACTLY what I'm suggesting. Please fill to current variation when I do - I use this all the time on my Audya & it makes things much more live.

Thank you so much for this mod to an already super package - I have done many things with this package and have not found a single error to date. Also, your reasoning behind everything is superb and editing is extremely powerful yet user friendly.

Note: I am seriously into styles so I do not state this lightly - the quality of your supplied styles blows me away. Whoever created/modified these deserve some serious appreciation as they are extremely talented musicians!

I cannot imagine performing live again without GBL - it set a standard which simply cannot be maintained by other PSRs & I'm beginning to believe it even applies to the SX900 also as it does not have real Revo drums.

Kindest regards,

Henni

#486148 - 01/07/20 08:30 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
I don't think they provide completely new samples with the software, or do they? If not, an older arranger can never be made to sound like a Genos...

My EARS tell me GBL came very close - I've now posted MANY demos of styles and live play everywhere and if these sound the same to you as any other PSR demos then this ad-on is definitely not for you.

#486177 - 01/08/20 06:45 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Impuls Offline

To me its sound isnt as good as on the sx900 /Genos , its very dull , mono , not a replacement for a high end arranger in my opinion.

Impuls confused

#486178 - 01/08/20 06:52 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
So what is it using in the PSR...only the keybed and switches? I though it also used the PSR sounds, not its on SW sound module?

#486180 - 01/08/20 06:58 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

It use the sound of the psr as far as I understand. Like impuls I am also not impressed with the demos of this software.

Edited by FransN (01/08/20 06:59 AM)

#486182 - 01/08/20 07:31 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Reading these last 3 replies concerns my interest with this Groovyband program sound.
That is why I wanted to hear and see it in action on you tube, etc,..
Hope to hear more about it by other users, good luck.

#486188 - 01/08/20 07:44 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Impuls]
groovyband.live Offline

Originally Posted By Impuls
To me its sound isnt as good as on the sx900 /Genos , its very dull , mono , not a replacement for a high end arranger in my opinion.

Impuls confused

Could you please post some audio demos of styles played on your Genos. It has an internal wav recorder, so it is easy and painless. We will match them here below with some "corresponding" styles recordings from a PSR S770's sound engine driven with our GBL software. No playing abilities involved: just start the sequencer and push some variation/intro/ending/fill/break buttons. That's it.

Then everybody could directly make an A/B comparison and see all the difference (if any, how much, and in favor of what) a 4 k€ flagship keyboard brings to the table vs a 2 generations old mid tier arranger.

And decide if the money is well spent with the "latest and greatest" piece of hardware money can buy. With it, if you have pockets deep enough, for sure you will not go wrong. Maybe not the most effective way of spending money, maybe your audience will not notice you are a wealthy man. But, who knows.

Saying "this is better than that" without providing any evidence is not constructive at all. Especially if you listened from different speakers and/or try to recall from your memory an audition made in the past.

P.S.: GBL can drive, not only a PSR or Tyros, but also a Genos. Taking advantage of all the DSP power available (even beyond what is possible with the stock firmware built-in).
And in that case, with exactly the same sound generator, but with grossly different features offered by the style playing engines, no doubts who will win. Hands down.

#486190 - 01/08/20 07:53 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
groovyband.live Offline

It use the sound of the psr as far as I understand. Like impuls I am also not impressed with the demos of this software.

The official demos of our product are those on our homepage (43 recordings from a stock PSR S770, set to sound at its best, using the preset styles as supplied in the demo). I am sure among them you will recognize many style names which are on offer also on your Genos among the presets Yamaha gave you.

Make a recording of some of them and post your results here. Then everybody can click "play" and make an objective comparison.

Edited by groovyband.live (01/08/20 08:05 AM)

#486194 - 01/08/20 08:34 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

I don’t have a Genos but when I listening to YouTube videos of the Genos the Genos sound better to me then the demos of your software. But I am a korgie so don’t take my opinion too serious smile

Edited by FransN (01/08/20 08:35 AM)

#486212 - 01/08/20 10:44 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
groovyband.live Offline

I don’t have a Genos but when I listening to YouTube videos of the Genos the Genos sound better to me then the demos of your software. But I am a korgie so don’t take my opinion too serious smile

Ah, OK. Random YouTube videos listened to from the mobile phone .....

Now I understand why nobody posts any clip from the Genos: those who speak have no idea what they are talking about. Those who actually know, (since they know?), prefer not to speak....

Enjoy your Korg.

#486213 - 01/08/20 10:49 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: groovyband.live]
Dnj Offline

Now I understand why nobody posts any clip from the Genos: those who speak have no idea what they are talking about. Those who actually know, (since they know?), prefer not to speak....

Enjoy your Korg.

It's just constructive criticism
With an attitude like that your not gonna
win over the masses selling anything to them....
sorry to tell you that....

Edited by Dnj (01/08/20 10:50 AM)

#486222 - 01/08/20 11:46 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: groovyband.live]
FransN Offline

Enjoy your Korg.

No on my iPad using a headphone. I know what I hear and the Genos just sound much better to me then your software which I also listened on my iPad using a headphone.

#486242 - 01/08/20 02:36 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am not arguing Genos since I don't have one. I do have a s970 and a SX900. Naturally, the higher up you go,there had better be some better sound quality to the TOTL instruments. However,I will say there is a big big difference in the s970 and Groovyband.Live. Henni's original premise was to far exceed the the PSR sound and styles for far less money.

THAT,WITHOUT A DOUBT,IT DOES, IMHO

#486244 - 01/08/20 03:14 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

I'm quoting from the FAQ:

"Does Groovyband Live! produce the sound as well as the realtime arrangement?

No. Groovyband Live! produces only a stream of midi data. You need a compatible sound generator to actually produce sound."

This means, a saxophone sample of an older PSR arranger will always sound like exactly that sample of the older PSR arranger, and never like the newer sample of a Genos, nor will it have the SA2 features of automatic slides etc.

#486246 - 01/08/20 03:19 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
rikkisbears Offline

Enjoy your Korg.

No on my iPad using a headphone. I know what I hear and the Genos just sound much better to me then your software which I also listened on my iPad using a headphone.

Hi ,
I would have also thought if both are listened to, exactly the same way, one should be able to tell if one sounds better than the other.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486247 - 01/08/20 03:30 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Bernie9]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I am not arguing Genos since I don't have one. I do have a s970 and a SX900. Naturally, the higher up you go,there had better be some better sound quality to the TOTL instruments. However,I will say there is a big big difference in the s970 and Groovyband.Live. Henni's original premise was to far exceed the the PSR sound and styles for far less money.

Styles yes, sounds - just not possible as it's purely midi-based.

#486249 - 01/08/20 03:37 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bernie,
have you compared it to your sx900?

Personally I still think the sx wins out.

I played a few of the demo’s via Bluetooth /iPad thru sx speakers, then found same style in sx. Personally I don’t think sounded as good as sx.

Might be worth it to make an older keyboard sound better, but personally don’t see the value in adding it to sx. even if it improved it. Sounds pretty good to me as is.

Great for people who want a software arranger.

Been there, done that,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486250 - 01/08/20 03:45 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

Agree why bother with this software if you own a Genos or a Psr sx 700/900

#486272 - 01/08/20 10:21 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Remember this:

1. All of the demos to date use PSR S770 voices ONLY.
2. To my knowledge GBL does not currently use specific Genos voices OR Revo drums.
3. GBL effects are limited on the PSR S770 due to Yamaha hardware constraints.

I suspect in future that GBL would be updated specifically for the Genos/SX900 - so it can ONLY get better. They've already updated my version to cater for whatever resides in my user memory!

Now, what DOES GBL bring to the table for an ancient PSR S770?

1. 8 Variations
2. 8 OTSs
3. Two breaks
4. Seamless OTS changes - old voices/effects playing out in full even with new voices now playing.
5. Control lead voices in-out/volume by way of playing on keys - this is STUNNING.
6. 3 Lead voices, 1 LH voice.
7. Different harmonies on ALL lead & LH voices.
8. Much more effects power/routing than available on standard on-board hardware only.
9. Style bar reset.
10. Half bar fills.
11. Extremely powerful on-board style editing, some on the fly.
12. 4 Extra lead voices to be played by another midi device.
13. Software upgrades without changing the hardware.
14. Find a nice effect, lead or acc. voice or even OTS anywhere? Copy to any other style in mere seconds only - even on the fly.
15. Swap the inside variation sections around to your liking on the fly i.e. use var 3 Bass in var 7 whilst playing live & save new style even whilst performing with it.
16. Within days drum fills would be controllable by how you play your keys like i.e. on the Audya!
17. Link any OTS to any variation & save.
18. Transpose & save any voice/s inside an acc. on the fly whilst performing!!! Different transpose in different variation, intro, ending, fill & break parts for same voice
19. Round Robin drums like on the Genos.
20. Round Robin type effects assigned to lead voices to your personal liking.
21. 860 STUNNINGLY arranged styles @ 0,58 €/style right at your fingertips.
22. Accepts a touch screen with optic mouse.
23. Single printer cable interface only.
24. Record direct to your Yamaha as is normal.
25. Easily edit the different voices with each voice' full parameters individually within a same style part in i.e a specific variation like i.e. a "Scoo Bee Doo Hah Mmm" phrase - the ease to do is amazing!
26. Any editing of any style part is either locally or globally applied like on the Audya.
27. Intelligently continuously moving split-point to just above where you currently play your chords giving more access to lead voices without you doing anything!
28. Also uses registrations
29. You can bind any Yamaha or any other midi transmittable outputs to soft inputs
30. Store pre-setup effects in memory to use in any other place
31. Go back to playing your PSR S770 in stock standard mode with a single button push during live play. Push single button to return to GBL!
32. GBL is a very powerful style editing tool should you wish to use it as such.
33. If not then it is a GENIUS ad-on module to your existing PSR S770 or equivalent with all the benefits as listed above.

No amount of negative reasoning without supporting evidence will change any of the above. If you reason intelligently and actually ANALYZE/COMPARE the evidence as presented thus far, you will HAVE to admit that this is a STUNNING package indeed.

Can you prove any of the above wrong? Please post audio demos next to GBL demos to verify what you insinuate so that we all can learn something in the process. There are so many opinions being thrown out so loosely, but not a single shred of evidence to back it up with to date.

Some geniunly want to compare the results and I do not have access to either a SX900 or Genos else I would have posted comparisons myself. The question is NOT whether a S770 with GBL could replace a SX900/Genos, but rather if it could be upgraded to be more on par with these newer flagship models at a fraction of the cost.

Is it for everyone? It seems not. It certainly raised the standards dramatically for me of what is achievable if one is on a tight budget.

#486273 - 01/09/20 12:08 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
Henni Offline

This means, a saxophone sample of an older PSR arranger will always sound like exactly that sample of the older PSR arranger, and never like the newer sample of a Genos, nor will it have the SA2 features of automatic slides etc.

You can take a 20 year old electric guitar. Route the output through any modern guitar effects processor & VIOLA!!! you end up with an amazing instrument doing things it could NEVER!!! do before.

GBL does same for the older PSRs and my ears (not mere reasoning) tell me the result is stunning. The proof of the pudding is in the eating & not in the analyzing of the recipe...

The GBL team comprises of visionaries - visionaries are people setting out to do what is not considered possible by the masses. And to this effect they SHINE!

Remember when it was stated for a fact that the older hardware could NOT accept Revo drums? Some even insisted that it would damage the Yamaha operating system beyond repair - Ha! And now I have it installed on my PSR S770 - albeit seven layers compared to thirty two on the Genos, but listen to my demos for yourself. I LOVE visionaries...

#486274 - 01/09/20 12:25 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
Henni Offline

Agree why bother with this software if you own a Genos or a Psr sx 700/900

I saw quite a few returning/selling those due to personal disappointment, some even after multi attempts to try to get to like it. Any thing is subjective to personal opinion and GBL is certainly no exception.

As for me, I highlighted the benefits GBL offers to a PSR S770 and I've proven my point completely to this effect. It's all about cost versus sound output.

1. If you have no financial constraints, go for the flagships instead.
2. If you feel neglected as a result of current financial constraints, then look at GBL again.

It's just THAT simple really...

One thing I guarrantee, if I had a SX900 I would have:

1. Installed the full GHENOS pack including ALL the Genos Revo & other voices.
2. Installed many more free choir human & other stunning voices.
3. Used GBL & turned a great many standard SX900 styles into versions which could no longer be compared to on-board SX900 styles at all.
4. GBL is a tool - you can either use as is or upgrade a great many styles to your liking with it's powerful editing capabilities.

#486277 - 01/09/20 02:14 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Quote from Rikki:

Hi Rikki
I have not compared it to my SX900. I am not concerned as much with the technical aspects of these comparisons,but what it seems to do for me. My take on this is that Groovyband.live is excellent at what Henni laid out,not a claim that it is for all people,but for especially those with a PSR ,or in need of a softsynth. The higher up the ladder you go,the murkier the picture is. There is no doubt that they have come up with great innovations,but still tied to the PSR. As responsive as this team has been to Henni(a great promoter),I would expect more in the future.

#486283 - 01/09/20 03:19 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Quote from Rikki:

Hi Rikki
I have not compared it to my SX900. I am not concerned as much with the technical aspects of these comparisons,but what it seems to do for me. My take on this is that Groovyband.live is excellent at what Henni laid out,not a claim that it is for all people,but for especially those with a PSR ,or in need of a softsynth. The higher up the ladder you go,the murkier the picture is. There is no doubt that they have come up with great innovations,but still tied to the PSR. As responsive as this team has been to Henni(a great promoter),I would expect more in the future.

Hi Bernie,
Sorry I really only was referring to how sx sounds playing a style vs what Groovyband demo sounds like.

Not all the technical stuff that Groovy is capable of , that sx can’t do.

Spent too many years fiddling round with equipment, decided I just want something I can switch on the button and play. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486286 - 01/09/20 03:47 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Bernie9]
Crossover Offline

Quote from Rikki:

Hi Rikki

It‘s NOT a softsynth, it neither produces sounds nor effects of its own, it is a midi-based system that can only arrange the PSR‘s own sounds and effects via midi messages. Let’s stay logical about what midi is.

#486288 - 01/09/20 04:04 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

You can take a 20 year old electric guitar. Route the output through any modern guitar effects processor & VIOLA!!! you end up with an amazing instrument doing things it could NEVER!!! do before.

GBL does same for the older PSRs and my ears (not mere reasoning) tell me the result is stunning. The proof of the pudding is in the eating & not in the analyzing of the recipe...

The GBL team comprises of visionaries - visionaries are people setting out to do what is not considered possible by the masses. And to this effect they SHINE!

Remember when it was stated for a fact that the older hardware could NOT accept Revo drums? Some even insisted that it would damage the Yamaha operating system beyond repair - Ha! And now I have it installed on my PSR S770 - albeit seven layers compared to thirty two on the Genos, but listen to my demos for yourself. I LOVE visionaries...

Again: They state in their FAQ that it’s a purely MIDI-based system. Both your examples don’t apply here: the guitar you mention has new effects - not possible with midi. The drums you mention were obviously loaded into the PSR as a sound package with new samples - not possible with a midi system.

#486289 - 01/09/20 04:25 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By Intelligence
the guitar you mention has new effects - not possible with midi

Let’s stay logical about what midi is

WHATEVER... Forgive me for no longer responding to your loose, non-technical comments in this thread. You obviously do not know anything about effects or midi for that matter.

In risking the fury of a moderator upon me again, may I politely suggest you do a little reading in your spare time perhaps?

#486290 - 01/09/20 04:29 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

WHATEVER... Forgive me for no longer responding to your loose, non-technical comments in this thread. You obviously do not know anything about effects or midi for that matter.

In risking the fury of a moderator upon me again, may I politely suggest you do a little reading in your spare time perhaps?

It‘s obviously you who doesn’t know anything about midi. Your comment is indeed preposterous. Midi messages can only use those effects that the receiving device can produce. I have used synthesizers (not arrangers) for 30 years, I have produced instrumental playbacks for a singer, used complex settings with two keyboards combined with bass pedal and two modules live, for example, and I am therefore well informed about what midi is, what samples and effects are.

Edited by Crossover (01/09/20 04:35 AM)

#486291 - 01/09/20 04:38 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

Let’s stay logical about what midi is

I guess it‘s asked too much of you to keep the discussion on a matter-of-fact instead of an emotional, irrational and personal level?

#486292 - 01/09/20 05:05 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

It's ALL about effects. Midi channels allow more effect parameters than style channels. This is why a style is treated like midi & sent to the PSR which treats it as midi.

The interface makes it look like a style.

* * * SO I REPEAT!!! It's all about adding more effects to midi * * *

I guess it‘s asked too much of you to keep the discussion on a matter-of-fact instead of an emotional, irrational and personal level?

Speak for yourself. I've stated FACTS throughout this discussion & I'll continue to do so. It is YOU who do not accept this software for what it does.

#486295 - 01/09/20 05:28 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

Could I ask you to stop manipulating my user name when quoting me?

Regarding the effects, the software can certainly improve the styles also by routing the effects differently as you say, which can indeed make the styles sound considerably better; however, this midi system can use what's inside the PSR in terms of samples and effects and nothing else. The voices played live cannot be changed at all beyond what you can do yourself by editing them. Some posts here suggested that an old PSR arranger can be improved to an SX900 or Genos, that's irrational.

#486296 - 01/09/20 05:40 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

So, no one bar you yourself has argued that. YOU said it's impossible to make it sound better and that you cannot add more effects to midi which is EXACTLY what this software does.

It CAN be improved on the SX900 or Genos as you now have many more effects available to do this with. In the same way it makes the S770 sound better, it can with these flagships also. I can just not demonstrate that with my S770 sound engine.

You have to inform the package that it's dealing with a mere S770 on start-up so that it cuts back on the number of effects used for the styles.

Attachments
effects.JPG

#486298 - 01/09/20 05:54 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

I think everyone can read what I said and what I didn‘t say, there definitely were wrong ideas in this thread about what a midi-based system can do. So much for my contributions to this thread, have fun with the software.

#486300 - 01/09/20 05:58 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Cheers!

Average Jane: "It cannot be done!"
Visionary: "You're too late, I've already done it..."

#486302 - 01/09/20 06:06 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Hi Bernie,
"Sorry I really only was referring to how sx sounds playing a style vs what Groovyband demo sounds like.

Spent too many years fiddling round with equipment, decided I just want something I can switch on the button and play. Haha"

Hi Rikki
Sorry, I switched gears on you. I briefly answered your question,and then unknowingly got into a skirmish. At any rate, I'm with you. You know the tech and are staying out of it. I am because I never knew it.Ha ha

#486324 - 01/09/20 09:53 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
groovyband.live Offline

I'm quoting from the FAQ:

"Does Groovyband Live! produce the sound as well as the realtime arrangement?

No. Groovyband Live! produces only a stream of midi data. You need a compatible sound generator to actually produce sound."

While it is certainly true that you cannot have a SA(2) voice on PSR-S(X) model, the reality is not as bad as it might seem at first sight.

1) SA voices are mainly useful for right hand parts. For style parts (which are preprogrammed) all (or most) the realtime tricks built-in a SA voices can in fact be already applied in the style pattern.
Yamaha itself does NOT use SA voices for (most ?: we did not check them all!) style parts. Hence the automatic style arrangement is totally (or largely) insensitive to the presence of SA voices.

2) Having "more" voices is subject to the law of diminishing returns.
Having 2 guitar voices instead of 1, is a 100% improvement. Having 25 guitar voices instead of 22 is only a ~9% improvement. When you apply a stomp box effect to those guitar voices then you suddenly do NOT recognize anymore the original sample. And having 25 instead of 22 (or 5!) is largely meaningless.

3) Most top-hits rock bands use only 1 (or 2) guitars for the whole concert. Nobody in the whole story of rock ever complained for a lack of guitars!!

4) The same can be said for the number of effect algorithms available.
For example, even the most humble Yamaha arranger these days has 4÷5 different reverb algorithms (we do not have here the data list to check the exact number). Can you tell by listening to a playing style which is which? Do you feel the need to have one more to improve the sound?
Out of 90 or so different DSP algorithms available in a PSR, those used regularly in Yamaha preset styles are 10÷20. Most of those 90 are NEVER used. Do you really think that having 110 instead of 90 will make any practical difference?

5) DSP allocation in Yamaha arrangers is rigid. For example in a PSR you can have only 1 insert DSP for style parts. GBL can freely allocate DSPs where they are most needed. Thus you can do more with less HW resources, and suddenly even a PSR which has half the DSP power of a Tyros can compete roughly at the same level.
Here too the law of diminishing returns applies: being able to apply 2 or 3 DSP to style parts (vs 1 of stock firmware) is a huge improvement. More than that, although nice, is less noticeable, because many instruments do NOT desperately need a DSP as a guitar part calls for. And guess what? Not even Tyros/Genos arrangers use all the DSPs they have on paper! After all, what DSP could sensibly be applied to a drum part for example? Maybe compression, but the effect is subtle and most people do not even notice!

For the last 20 years Yamaha always increased the sample rom giving you more and better sounds. But at a certain point the improvements are only marginal: how better can be a (let's say) sampled piano at every generation? If you want to have fun listen to the product demonstrations of Yamaha's products of the past. Each time they wanted to tell you how great was that damned piano sound. They ran out of adjectives long ago. If it was so good 10 years ago (according to Yamaha own words) how can it be significantly better now? Did they lie in the past or are lying now? And if they lied in the past how can you trust them now?

What they NEVER did was to improve the style playing engine: it is exactly the same as it was 20 years ago. When you start from a modest level, every gain is significant. But they insist in giving you more sample rom (and more DSPs) and nothing else. They insist on improving once again that damned piano!!

The reason is simple: thanks to silicon improvements, having more flash ROM and computing power comes free. Look at what CPU or SSD you can buy now with 200€, and what you could buy for the same price 5 or 10 years ago.
So you almost for no additional costs (sampling sessions are one off costs, recycled/amortized among all the product ranges and countless units sold for decades) and zero risks (business as usual) can dish out a new HW model with more sounds and DSPs. No significant R&D, no creativity, no new ideas.

This works because in the arranger market there are very few (used to be 4, now are 3) players.

What makes a HUGE difference is the flexibility you have in programming a style. Being able to use at its highest potential what you have, will often compensate for the inferior HW resources on paper. And then some!

A man is not the strongest, nor the fastest, nor the one with the better eyesight, or hearing of the animals. He is not able to fly, he swims poorly.

Nonetheless he was the most successful. Because he was the most clever in doing things.

Edited by groovyband.live (01/09/20 10:10 AM)

#486335 - 01/09/20 11:48 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bernie,
"Sorry I really only was referring to how sx sounds playing a style vs what Groovyband demo sounds like.

Spent too many years fiddling round with equipment, decided I just want something I can switch on the button and play. Haha"

Hi Rikki
Sorry, I switched gears on you. I briefly answered your question,and then unknowingly got into a skirmish. At any rate, I'm with you. You know the tech and are staying out of it. I am because I never knew it.Ha ha

Hi Bernie,
Think I’ll stay out of it too. Haha.
Fascinating as it sounds, I’m trying to avoid getting sucked back into technology.
Whenever I do, it becomes all consuming, instead of actually PLAYing.

Sooo, back to my piano practice. Haha.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486337 - 01/09/20 12:22 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
WE ARE NOT ALL WIRED THE SAME WAY. AMEN!

“Whenever I do, it becomes all consuming, instead of actually PLAYing.” Rikki

I guess you said what is on my mind, thank you Rikki.

Woring with music is nice. Playing music is beautiful, John C.

#486353 - 01/09/20 02:17 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: bruno123]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123

Working with music is nice. Playing music is beautiful, John C.

Too true John,
took me too many years, to realise that, it’s still hard not to get sidetracked.
Initially I bought a keyboard ( kn800) to create backings for my piano.
Midi files in those days were somewhere between $20 to $30 each. Didn’t own too many.
Unfortunately we downsized the house & I had to sell the pianos. Which was really sad for me.
So then I turned to technology, wholly and solely.
No longer was it about the music, but the machines music could be created on.

It was fun at the time, but do regret not having settled for playing a digital piano.
Wouldn’t have to start from scratch. Haha.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#486358 - 01/09/20 03:03 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: rikkisbears]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Groovyband guy needs to change his attitude or shut up.

And, how serious should we take the abrasive rantings of someone who really does not play?

Nigel, I'd suggest shutting this one down, too. See a pattern here?

R.

Edited by captain Russ (01/09/20 03:04 PM)

#486359 - 01/09/20 03:07 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
zuki Offline

Wow. This thread caught my eye when Capt Russ replied! How are you doing Russ???? Welcome back

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Nord 6D73/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/ATEM Mini Pro switcher/K&M stand

#486361 - 01/09/20 03:16 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: captain Russ]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By captain Russ

And, how serious should we take the abrasive rantings of someone who really does not play?

Nigel, I'd suggest shutting this one down, too. See a pattern here?

R.

+1

#486383 - 01/09/20 06:32 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: captain Russ]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By R.
Groovyband guy needs to change his attitude or * * * SHUT UP * * *.

Nigel, * * * I'd * * * suggest shutting this one down, * * * TOO * * *. See a pattern here?

R.

WOW!!! Talking about having special privileges... So THIS is allowed? Anything else you'd suggest R. ? Yes, I definitely see the pattern now... It's not WHAT is being said, but rather WHO is saying it, is it not?

And here we were discussing the merits and technical detail of GroovyBand Live! like any other topic of interest till those that have zero interest in it along with their admirers (+1?) decided to participate too with only one goal in mind - to derail it...

#486404 - 01/09/20 10:13 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: captain Russ]
groovyband.live Offline

R.

With such attitude you have, if I were you I would seriously consider moving to North Korea. Western democracies won't miss you!

Trolls like you (you are not the only one in this and other threads) are only dominated by their own envy and frustration.

What a sad and miserable life!

#486408 - 01/10/20 01:19 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

All I am going to say is I think Groovyband,Live was just factually trying to defend it's software from attack,and made out to be the bad guy.

#486409 - 01/10/20 01:23 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
What is the need of having more DSP per track?
Maybe for the guitar sounds... to have comp + eq + disto...
But I think some of the DSP already own multiple FX

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#486411 - 01/10/20 02:00 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: groovyband.live]
Crossover Offline

R.

With such attitude you have, if I were you I would seriously consider moving to North Korea. Western democracies won't miss you!

Trolls like you (you are not the only one in this and other threads) are only dominated by their own envy and frustration.

What a sad and miserable life!

What a cheek you have, coming here to the forum as a new member advertising a software and attacking a long-standing, highly appreciated member as a „troll“ with totally absurd associations. This is unique in Synthzone, I think.

#486412 - 01/10/20 02:19 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

What a cheek you have, coming here to the forum as a new member advertising a software and attacking a long-standing, highly appreciated member as a „troll“ with totally absurd associations. This is unique in Synthzone, I think.

Go away!!! Are you done worshiping R.? I listened to his music on his website and found it totally boring to say the least (you hear the first verse & you've heard all there is to it), yet he comments on the music making abilities of others? Funny how it's those who esteem themselves in a class of their own that cannot produce anything backing their self imposed esteem in the very least...

Originally Posted By R.
And, how serious should we take the abrasive rantings of someone who really does not play?R.

I thought you are done over here - you could not even honor that promise! . You are nothing but a trouble maker!!! Please go make trouble somewhere else - We are having an intelligent discussion over here.

Or start a new topic where you and your idol & admirers can continue praising & worshiping each other to your heart's content without me interfering. And I DO promise you that I will not interfere in the least - only THIS is not your place for doing so!

#486413 - 01/10/20 02:40 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

Go away!!! Are you done worshiping R.? I listened to his music on his website and found it totally boring to say the least (you hear the first verse & you've heard all there is to it), yet he comments on the music making abilities of others? Funny how it's those who esteem themselves in a class of their own that cannot produce anything backing their self imposed esteem in the very least...

I thought you are done over here - you could not even honor that promise! . You are nothing but a trouble maker!!! Please go make trouble somewhere else - We are having an intelligent discussion over here.

Or start a new topic where you and your idol & supporters can continue praising each other to your hearts content without me interfering. And I DO promise you that I will not interfere in the least - only THIS is not your place for doing so!

Are you out of your mind? Are you mixing up Captain Russ and me now? Why are you addressing me as „he“? I’m female.
It‘s high time for you to get banned ob this forum. Incredible to the utmost. All my posts were matter-of-fact, while you are getting personal and insulting incessantly. Unbearable.

Edited by Crossover (01/10/20 03:04 AM)

#486414 - 01/10/20 02:43 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

Nigel, what‘s going on here? This can’t go on.

#486415 - 01/10/20 02:48 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
Henni Offline

You are absolutely correct - therefor go play somewhere else, will you?

...It‘s high time for you to get banned ob this forum...

We'll see... We'll see... You ARE trying your absolute best to this effect...

#486416 - 01/10/20 02:57 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

You are absolutely correct - therefor go play somewhere else, will you?

...It‘s high time for you to get banned ob this forum...

We'll see... We'll see... You ARE trying your absolute best to this effect...

Yes, you‘ll see. It’s funny how you don’t notice who the impertinent, insulting one is and who posts calm, matter-of-fact and non-personal comments. You think with your attitude you are able to stay here and have a polite, calm user banned, who contradicts you about a factual topic? What’s your problem?

#486417 - 01/10/20 03:05 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
Henni Offline

Yes, you‘ll see. It’s funny how you don’t notice who the impertinent, insulting one is and who posts calm, matter-of-fact and non-personal comments. You think with your attitude you are able to stay here and have a polite, calm user banned, who contradicts you about a factual topic? What’s your problem?

I've been here for awhile already (wow, looking at the date now it seems to be twelve years already...), I've contributed a few things over here. I think one of my topics might be the most read one over here.

Why am I saying this - I came along just fine with others during all this time.

Now enter a new generation expecting to take-on others with no ill effects whatsoever. I have now twice in less than a week been accused of not being able to make proper music. This IS a music forum, is it not?

Originally Posted By Chas
BTW, are you still 'spreading the word' by blasting bad and UNWANTED * * * so-called * * * 'music' in people's neighborhoods with giant, trailer-mounted speakers. Anyhow, glad you're thousands of miles away from MY neighborhood

Originally Posted By R.
And, how serious should we take the abrasive rantings of someone who really does not play?R.

You have been trolling this topic for quite awhile now - you do not like this software, you made us all aware of this fact. Yet you keep on coming back with more empty, unjustified opinions. You have been invited over & over to post demos next to the ones available over here to prove your point. You refuse to respond.

Now you cry for Nigel again? Your ego was severely boosted only a few days ago in doing so. Let's see... Let's see...

Attachments
Read.JPG

#486418 - 01/10/20 03:17 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

Again you are now manipulating user names when quoting. The last quote was from Captain Russ, you change it to „R.“.
Nigel has a clear mind and will certainly draw his consequences. I am done responding to any new posts of yours. My last recommendation is: Buy books by Wayne Dyer, if you can’t find peace in the Christian message.

#486419 - 01/10/20 03:19 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
Henni Offline

...So much for my contributions to this thread, have fun with the software...

...I am done responding to any new posts of yours...

Now where have I heard that before...?

IF only some actually mean what they say... By the way, he seems to refer to himself as the big R. in signing off.

#486421 - 01/10/20 05:10 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: DAN.2000]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By DAN.2000
What is the need of having more DSP per track?
Maybe for the guitar sounds... to have comp + eq + disto...
But I think some of the DSP already own multiple FX

I was thinking the same. It sound all very artificial to me using too much dsp. Yamaha already use a lot of effects in their arrangers.

#486423 - 01/10/20 05:11 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Bernie9]
FransN Offline

All I am going to say is I think Groovyband,Live was just factually trying to defend it's software from attack,and made out to be the bad guy.

Trying to defend? It’s more of promoting his software with the help of Henni using a very bad attitude.

Edited by FransN (01/10/20 05:19 AM)

#486425 - 01/10/20 05:30 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
Henni Offline

This is an Arranger forum. Yamaha, Korg and Ketron products are being promoted on an almost daily basis. Nothing wrong with him doing same as it is direct Arranger related.

#486431 - 01/10/20 06:17 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

I have never seen any Yamaha , Korg , Roland etc salesman on this forum. People are talking about arrangers not trying to sell them.

#486432 - 01/10/20 06:33 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

EXACTLY what I am doing. One other thing, if you do not stop this now, I will go through all the GBL threads and pull out ALL the unwarranted bad ass remarks against this product. So don't act so innocent for now as this will really make you and all your friends look bad.

Now please allow us to discuss the pros and cons of this product with those sincerely interested as you obviously have nothing more of any value to add to this effect.

#486433 - 01/10/20 06:38 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

Feel free to do so. I don’t care.

#486434 - 01/10/20 06:42 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
Henni Offline

Feel free to do so. I don’t care.

Off course you don't as your true agenda is hidden and not honorable at all.

#486436 - 01/10/20 06:44 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

Whatever

#486437 - 01/10/20 06:45 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Henni, the reason we post things in THE BAR is because we don't believe they belong in THIS forum. Nigel LOCKED the forum topic you decided to take an excerpt from. I THINK that means he didn't want it discussed anymore, much less transported to THIS forum. Surely you can see the danger of taking isolated quotes from other sources without supporting context. I think Nigel shutting it down (in the bar) meant he didn't want to see it anymore, including YOUR contributions. I think you should respect that, everyone else does. As to the other software marketers on this forum, DAN2000 and (to a lesser degree) KetronAJ, both have been nothing but polite, respectful, and supportive to customers and non-customers alike. In fact, I would go so far as to say AJ is 'well loved' by the Ketron community and admired by everyone else. Maybe their approach to marketing should be the model for other potential marketers to follow. Just a suggestion.

chas

#486438 - 01/10/20 06:48 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

If this was a new product at NAMM where they are hawking new products,is that still taboo? I didn't think so.

Edited by Bernie9 (01/10/20 06:49 AM)

#486439 - 01/10/20 06:49 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

You conveniently forgot how I defended AJ from Russ' rude remarks at the time. Let's not go there, shall we?

I can refer you to ample trailblazers during the ages that also had no finess yet ahieved outstanding things. Finess is not always a prerequest for talent.

We live in a unique generation where everything is focussed around diplomacy, yet one glance at the current world affairs testifies against the validity of it...

I am typing from my phone, hard to see and no spell checker so excuse the many mistakes.

#486445 - 01/10/20 07:40 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY

I agree with Crossover. I don't play Yamaha, so I have no interest in this product. However, I must say that is an unwritten rule that if you are trying to sell a product, the customer (or potential customer) is always right. Groovybandlive's potential customers would be everyone on this site. While it is to be expected that he would defend his product, I agree that his attitude is unneeded. When was the last time you heard AJ (for example) berate someone?

EDIT: I see Chas made my point better than I did above.

Edited by W Tracy Parnell (01/10/20 07:44 AM)

#486447 - 01/10/20 07:54 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Impuls Offline

If the software cannot be used as an arranger as a stand alone unit, then it is madness to spend so much money on it.
my personal opinion, period

Impuls piano

#486448 - 01/10/20 08:00 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I haven't been following this because it doesn't interest me, but I looked at it just now.
There must be some confusion.
Russ doesn't even have a music website, and he is one of the premier musicians in the U.S. and known all over the world for his creativity, business acumen and musical ability. He has appeared on national t.v. shows, and with top-name entertainers. He plays multiple instruments and is widely known for his generous contributions to charities and worthy causes.
And as far as I have seen, Crossover is also a valuable asset and adds a lot to many topics here.
And I must add that Henni is a long-time member who has inspired many of us with his boundless energy and with his dedication to his faith.
I think there is a lot of misunderstanding going on. Maybe time to back off and consider finding positives instead of negatives?
If a post doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it. That's why I'm late to this one, but when I saw the number of posts and responses I thought I might be missing something.

#486449 - 01/10/20 08:25 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
++1
Leave it to our Southern Gentleman to try to calm the waters ...
Thank you, Don .

#486454 - 01/10/20 08:36 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

OK Mr. Mason,the fun is over. Back to everyday business.

#486465 - 01/10/20 09:52 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: DonM]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I haven't been following this because it doesn't interest me, but I looked at it just now.
There must be some confusion.
Russ doesn't even have a music website, and he is one of the premier musicians in the U.S. and known all over the world for his creativity, business acumen and musical ability. He has appeared on national t.v. shows, and with top-name entertainers. He plays multiple instruments and is widely known for his generous contributions to charities and worthy causes.
And as far as I have seen, Crossover is also a valuable asset and adds a lot to many topics here.
And I must add that Henni is a long-time member who has inspired many of us with his boundless energy and with his dedication to his faith.
I think there is a lot of misunderstanding going on. Maybe time to back off and consider finding positives instead of negatives?
If a post doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it. That's why I'm late to this one, but when I saw the number of posts and responses I thought I might be missing something.

Even if I can understand that you defend a long-time member who has inspired many of you on a subjective basis, what I have experienced with him here in this thread as well as a thread in the bar is the worst example of behavior I‘ve ever experienced in a forum.
I assume he mixed up Captain Russ and me when referring to a website. I don‘t care if he likes or doesn‘t like my website, and I won‘t discuss my website, there are just two things I intend to say about this issue:
1) I am a semi-professional musician who had 12 years of hard classical piano lessons at a young age, I work as a freelance piano teacher and part-time organist for the EKD (German Protestant Church), and I know hoe many people appreciate my skills, so I don‘t need any member of an arranger forum to acknowledge them
2) It tells a lot about the behavior of this long-term user when he starts making such mean personal references to a personal website when someone gets involved in a discussion on a purely matter-of-fact, non-personal basis (check the posts!). Moreover, I read the pronoun „he“ used by him - just to clarify: I am female.
If you look at what methods he uses in the discussion here, quoting users while changing their user names in the quotations and the like, this shows the degree of aggressiveness he is loaded with - which I have pity for.
I have been dealing with some books about Zen buddhism and psychology in the past months, and this thread was particularly interesting in how you are pulled into an aggressive dispute by someone even if your own posts were purely focused on the matter without any personal component.

#486469 - 01/10/20 10:32 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Now that you've finished blowing your own horn and informing us all in great detail just what a professional and outstanding marvelous super talented highly evolved individual you are... Maybe you should take note:

DonM tried his best to intervene to calm things down. However your ego just cannot let it go, now can it?

Thank you for the essay, however this is nether the right place nor the right moment for it so why don't you do the adult thing and just give it a rest?

#486471 - 01/10/20 10:58 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

The adult thing... Hear serenity in person... I‘m having a good laugh here laugh

#486473 - 01/10/20 11:03 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By Greatness

1) I am a semi-professional musician who had 12 years of hard classical piano lessons at a young age, I work as a freelance piano teacher and part-time organist for the EKD (German Protestant Church), and I know hoe many people appreciate my skills, so I don‘t need any member of an arranger forum to acknowledge them
2) It tells a lot about the behavior of this long-term user when he starts making such mean personal references to a personal website when someone gets involved in a discussion on a purely matter-of-fact, non-personal basis (check the posts!). Moreover, I read the pronoun „he“ used by him - just to clarify: I am female.
If you look at what methods he uses in the discussion here, quoting users while changing their user names in the quotations and the like, this shows the degree of aggressiveness he is loaded with - which I have pity for.
I have been dealing with some books about Zen buddhism and psychology in the past months, and this thread was particularly interesting in how you are pulled into an aggressive dispute by someone even if your own posts were purely focused on the matter without any personal component.

Your now super inflated ego has the better of you. As for me, I'll honor DonM' request. Feel free to bless us all with a more detailed CV of your GREATNESS - I'll now leave you be to continue uninterrupted with your bragging.

#486476 - 01/10/20 11:16 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

Congratulations! You‘re the winner!

#486477 - 01/10/20 11:29 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
tony mads usa Offline

There were NO winners ...
frown

#486479 - 01/10/20 11:39 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

Now that you've finished blowing your own horn and informing us all in great detail just what a professional and outstanding marvelous super talented highly evolved individual you are... Maybe you should take note:

DonM tried his best to intervene to calm things down. However your ego just cannot let it go, now can it?

Thank you for the essay, however this is nether the right place nor the right moment for it so why don't you do the adult thing and just give it a rest?

The only person that needs to calm down is you. You are very aggressive and rude.

#486486 - 01/10/20 12:27 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]

Crossover, I personally apologize to you and others for the vitriol exhibited here.

That's just not what the Synthzone is all about. Inadvertently, I may have disrespected Nigel, and I would never intentionally do that. We ALL ow him a debt of gratitude for the thing he has created and maintains.

We just need to consider the source of the re-occuring rude, confrontational posts and move on.

There's so much effort and negativity and bias involved.

Be well, all.

R.

P.S. still not out of the woods but feeling better

Edited by captain Russ (01/10/20 12:34 PM)

#486488 - 01/10/20 12:33 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

P.S. still not out of the woods but feeling better

Darn, guess I'll have to put that B3 on hold a little longer smile smile. Kidding, of course. So glad you're feeling better.

chas

#486493 - 01/10/20 12:56 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: cgiles]

Chas, I have a C-3 played for three services at my grandfathers church before he replaced it with a Rogers pipe organ. It has a speaker cabinet (speakers only)and a new 147RV.

I turn it on about every other month and let the tubes soak. Not a mark on it.

you're welcome to it....seriously.

R.

#486499 - 01/10/20 01:12 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
cgiles Offline

Russ, that's a kind and generous offer and if it were 25 yrs ago I'd be all over it. Although my house is large, I have no place to put it. I have SPACE for it but not a SPOT for it. Also, no more Hammond maintenance for me in this lifetime smile. Boy, I'd like to see it go to some deserving person or organization but I'd be so afraid of it just being taken as a gift and then immediately sold (I've recently lost (a lot of) faith in humanity these days). Just hang onto it for now; the right time and place for it to find it's future home will eventually reveal itself. Now get some rest.

chas

#486516 - 01/10/20 05:28 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Groovyband.live, I personally apologize to you and others interested in your package for the vitriol exhibited here whilst trying to highlight the merits of using it.

That's just not what the Synthzone is all about. I'm sure I've disrespected Nigel in the process - Period! I would never purposely do that & I sincerely apologize to him for this commotion. We ALL ow him a debt of gratitude for the thing he has created and maintains.

We just need to consider the sources of the re-occuring rude, confrontational, unjustified posts down-running your offering for no valid reason at all and move on. I will continue to post my findings & personal demos on my GBL style page which would be for information only and not for yet another debate.

There's so much jealousy, negativity, envy and bias involved.

The attitude displayed by some on this reminds me of the Wright brothers. Soon your creation will be used by many a great musician.

H.

#486517 - 01/10/20 05:33 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
tony mads usa Offline

It would be great if we ALL just moved on and not post anything else on this thread.

stop stop stop

#486519 - 01/10/20 06:15 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

Groovyband.live, I personally apologize to you and others interested in your package for the vitriol exhibited here whilst trying to highlight the merits of using it.

That's just not what the Synthzone is all about. I'm sure I've disrespected Nigel in the process - Period! I would never purposely do that & I sincerely apologize to him for that. We ALL ow him a debt of gratitude for the thing he has created and maintains.

We just need to consider the sources of the re-occuring rude, confrontational, unjustified posts down-running your offering for no valid reason at all and move on.

There's so much jealousy, negativity, envy and bias involved.

The attitude displayed by some on this reminds me of the Wright brothers. Soon your creation will be used by many a great musician.

H.

The only source of re-occurring rude and confrontational posts are from yourself. You need to apologize to crossover not to groovyband.

Edited by FransN (01/10/20 06:16 PM)

#486520 - 01/10/20 06:17 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Mate, I said ALL I intended to say and apologized to all I intended to apologize to and I always mean exactly what I say. Now let it be and move on, will you?

If you & others can only restrain yourselves from posting continued insults, however cleverly disguised by your "intellect", this whole thing would simmer down by itself.

If you want no more reaction from me, then allow me same in kind.

#486531 - 01/11/20 01:00 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I LOVE visionaries...

This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. A bad start. You obviously know nothing about guitars so this a very bad comparison that makes no sense at all and that doesn't add to your credibility. Even a 60 year old guitar probably is worth over $25,0000 and absolutely doesn't need a digital processor to sound good. Secondly Crossover is right when she talks about the ability of MIDI as well as its limitations. But you rudely argued with her about it. You need to research MIDI some more yourself. And thirdly and most importantly you committed the ultimate mistake of forging usernames ( in an offensive manner ) when quoting other users posts. This is not only deceptive but is a personal attack on the original posters. This is totally unacceptable and surprising from someone who claims to have religeous values. This is the second time this week I have had to waste my time policing threads you have hijacked. You need to leave the forum for the time being. Have you ever read http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._civ#Post312926 ???

#486534 - 01/11/20 05:13 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

I won’t miss him.

#486539 - 01/11/20 05:54 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Ingres Offline

Loc: FWI
Amen

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online