SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#491539 - 03/14/20 03:38 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
"Information should be interpreted cautiously. The data is partial and does not include cases for which patient demographics have not been released by local public health authorities. The data does not contain medical history, which is often crucial in helping medical professionals understand exactly why certain people are more likely to die than others.

The CDC has said repeatedly that people with underlying medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes and immune system disorders, are more likely to die of COVID-19."

Jerryghr

#491540 - 03/14/20 03:38 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
++1 to Rikki's post.

chas

Edited by cgiles (03/14/20 03:39 PM)

#491541 - 03/14/20 03:39 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
zuki ... too bad about the 4x...

#491542 - 03/14/20 04:06 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: tony mads usa]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Rikki, that is really great news ...
I will be praying for their success ...

Hi Tony,
Let’s all pray that they’re successful.
Hopefully some of the hysteria with people hoarding toilet paper, hand sanitisers , etc will disappear, if they see a glimmer of hope.
It’s what it’s doing to humanity, that’s the scary part.

“I’m ok, I’ve got my 600 rolls of toilet paper, too bad about you”.
Sad to think that is the attitude of so many.
Wouldn’t have thought it possible with the horrendous fires we just went thru,firefighters risking their lives to save other people’s properties, and in some cases their own properties burnt to the ground , while helping others. and on the other hand you have these selfish people who couldn’t care less about anyone but themselves.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491547 - 03/14/20 04:43 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: rikkisbears]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Yes, Rikki, people need some hope ... not that I would wish this on anyone, but hopefully celebs who have it, such as Tom Hanks, will recover quickly and show that it need not be a death sentence ...

#491548 - 03/14/20 04:50 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
yes that is so sad about Tom Hanks and his wife.
Haven’t really heard much more on it, there again, haven’t really been watching the news that much, too depressing.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#491553 - 03/14/20 05:16 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Let’s pray that a cure is found and soon!

Jim on the 4x, I was cautiously optimistic and wasn’t so sure you’d take the 4x, I know you had one in the past and the 3x seemed to be your baby! You may as well stay with what you like best!

#491556 - 03/14/20 05:23 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
Crossover Offline

Working as a part-time employed organist, I have just been informed that all church services until April 19 have been forbidden by our city administration. I am shocked - even Good Friday and Easter will be cancelled. No idea how to fulfill my weekly working hours that way, but that‘s a minor problem...

#491560 - 03/14/20 07:00 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I don't know about the other folks on the forum, but suffering from pulmonary fibrosis and living on just 14 to 15 percent of my lung capacity, and recently suffering a stroke, I am in the high risk category for dying from even a common cold, let alone the Carona virus. I wash my hands frequently, probably 10 or more times a day, avoid crowded locations and individuals that show some symptoms of being sick with some sort of contagious disease.

As for the number of under 50 fatalities, that was on the radio as of last Wednesday, Bill. Whether or not it was fake news, I have no idea, but it was a statement made by the US Surgeon General during a press conference.

I spent a lot of my working life working in the field of medicine. I worked in the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center, the ICU, the ER of 4 hospitals, spent two years in surgical research, and directed the Pulmonary Function Lab of Johns Hopkins Hospital. I also worked with some of the most contagious patients on the planet at the time, those who were afflicted with tuberculosis and confined to Mount Wilson Hospital, a TB sanitarium just outside the Baltimore City limits. I was very careful in treating those individuals, took every precaution, and never tested positive for TB.

Now, I am by no means an expert on communicable diseases or a virologist, and never claimed to be. I'm proud of my medical background, training and expertise. I helped save a lot of lives during my tenure, often neglecting the needs of my family and risking my own well-being in the process. However, in this particular instance, I must respect the information being put forth by highly trained experts in the medical field - not a bunch of left-wing politicians with an axe to grind and reporters who thrive on sensationalism and half truths. I respect President Trump for acting quickly, and Mike Pence for putting together the top medical team on the globe to come up with a viable solution and prevent as many deaths as possible. And, The President has tested negative for the virus. I think he caved in to the press on this one, because he was tested despite the fact that he showed no symptoms whatsoever.

Now, to be on the safe side, I think I'll just excuse my self from this thread, get a tall glass of bourbon and watch Fox News.

Stay safe,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#491564 - 03/14/20 07:45 PM Re: First 3 cancellations in one hour over Corona viru [Re: Scott Langholff]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
he "CAVED"???? He's the president of the United States and he was exposed to people KNOWN to have tested positive for the virus. Didn't he have a responsibility to the country, not to mention his family and staff, to insure that he was not infected? I'm truly sorry for the state of your health and wish you nothing but the best, but when one is so blinded by political ideology that they can't accept the truth in the face of overwhelming evidence, then it really taints your credibility in every other area. The entire world is shaking in it's collective boots and you think it's a "bunch of left-wing politicians with an axe to grind" and "reporters who thrive on sensationalism and half-truths". Heck, even the most rabid right-wing, MAGA-hat-wearing, gun-totin', beer guzzling, NASCAR-loving, Trumpy, is still out there stocking up on Purel and Clorox Wipes...oh, and toilet paper.

Wake up man, THE END IS NEAR! smile smile

chas

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online