Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I think Dennis mentioned this, but you can indeed edit SMF and save them to songbook. You have to edit through seq mode first and save. However, they can be put in a specific 'list' but have to be accessed via the song mode, vs the style mode. A little bit of an inconvenience, not much.

Man, how sweet it might be to have my 800 and a Prelude - best of 2 worlds, while keeping down costs. I want to get my hands on these Prelude styles while accessing my huge library of Roland styles. I might be contacting you Fran for some guidance....

But to add to this Zuki, when accessed from the Songbook, the Korg automatically puts the keyboard into the correct mode without any player intervention.

I do know that on the Prelude you cannot play an MP3 AND a style/midi at the same time, so there is no real difference there.

But on the G70 it IS possible to use a style and a midi file on the same song

The UPG system is also very useful if you want to have different beats for the same song. Green Dolphin street for example.

On mine I have one UPG set for the latin, and then below it I have the swing. Selecting is easy and so quick there is no discernible timing change at all. It just smoothly flows. Cool feature I reckon

Dennis