Originally Posted By: Dnj
Schlepping two kbs on a gig is ridiculous day after day.....not needed IMHO FOR A Omb act...

Donny, when we are thinking "I can get by with just this board"...It is true, and for multiple daily 1 hour jobs..maybe it makes sense.....but (You knew that was coming0 grin

If I am doing a "fun" 4 hour job..(fun, meaning enjoying myself, with the right folks on stage with me smile ..)..I would love to have two keyboards on stage...My logic..my current two arranger keyboards offer the best of everything..and what one lacks the other has wink..

When I want my best..I have the G70, offering me the sounds, stage friendly, mic inputs and harmony with all the mixing I need...lacks the MP3/wav play..so I carry a laptop for that, but why not use the BK5...it handles the MP3/wav chores of the laptop...and it gives me a lot of new sounds styles, drum kits etc...besides another keybed for dual manual operation...

Just adding another 16 pounds (25 pounds in the case)...same amount of time to set up as the laptop..It has 32 gigs of MP3's on board(and that is a lot) smile

Some additional reasoning....One hour gig with the 16 pound BK5..I need a mic with effects..so that would be either the Edirol mixer (and Cube) or BA330 ...Both are efficient...Since I do not play any MP3's on the one hour jobs..it is just as practical to use the G70 and a Cube....for a complete arsenal..

Although the BK5 and G70 are basically the same sound engine..they are different in drums and styles and also a large variety of different tones..

Thankfully I have the options, and any one or combination can do the job smile

Now if I can figure out how to use my accordion, and Mediastation...in a practical way... grin