Originally Posted By: cgiles
If I had the skill set needed for a OMB act, and wanted an arranger in the mix, I would use my VP770 midi'ed to my BK7m. That would give me access to two sets of Roland voices plus some 'insane' vocal possibilities. With a little programming effort, the VP770 makes a half way decent controller for arranger duties. What about it Donny? Would a keyboard and a module be acceptable? Think of it as a compromise solution. BTW, if anyone was willing to dedicate two solid days of checking out a VP770, at least 50% of you (especially OMB's) would have one in your rig. In the top ten of 'most fun' keyboards. Only downside; pricey.

chas

Chas , you are right..but you will never convince anyone other than a Roland user to try the VP series....they believe what other non users say..and won't listen to you... grin

The one draw back to me is only 49 keys...yes I know "we can get by with 49"....but even 61 would be so much better...

I have given consideration of adding the VP7 to the BK5...a reverse of your suggestion....Yes the VP770 is superior over the VP7...but it would function well with the BK5..