Vquestor, yes using the ASIO drivers helps. I have been able to operate at around 10 to 20 ms latency with it in Sonar. If you do not use ASIO the latency is up around 50ms (not good). In contrast, I have no trouble operating at 5 to 10ms latency in Cubase SX. At this point I do not know what is doing what (wrappers, Sonar, drivers, etc.).

I too have tried to use Console and did not get most things to work. In addition, Bismark BS-1/16 and Jeskola XS-1 do not do a very good job with program change numbers including the drums. LiveSynthPro is many times better at this including picking up the correct XG Drums in sYnerGiGS. The FXpansion VST to DX wrapper seems to work ok in that I have not noticed any increase in latency. I have tried to use it with Harmonizers (VoiceMachine, DeccaBuddy, etc.) and could not get proper Midi activation to work with it - in Sonar 2.2 XL.

There are only rumours that Kontakt may implement midi Program change numbers. So far nothing. Vsampler 3.0 works except it does not call up the drums properly. You would not need Midi Yoke for it given that it installs its own drivers. And you are right SeerSystems Reality is still not Windows Xp compatible - they say by Xmas of this year.

With respect to my flr2003 system I have spent considerable time (and money) to get Harmonizers to work and finding ways to get rid of my Audigy Soundcard (LiveSynthPro, etc.). I currently have 3 harmonizers - Clone Ensemble, VoiceMachine and Akai's DeccaBuddy. The best of the bunch is VoiceMachine - but it does not work. It works in older versions of Cubase but not in Cubase SX. There is a heavy duty delay when responding to your voice. I have phoned Steinberg and they admit a problem and will update VoiceMachine - When? - Who knows. The other 2 harmonizers work as addvertised. DeccaBuddy requires midi notes to be sent via separate channels for each harmony (up to 4). You can use a mix of midi notes and setting the harmonies manually to a 3rd or 5th, etc. The trouble with this is you also need to set the key of your songs. The good news is that you can save these in 4 presets - enough for any one song. I purchased DeccaBuddy from AkaiPro a few weeks ago but can no longer find them on the Internet - are they out of business? Clone Ensemble works as advertised. You can make up to 32 clones of yourself. These clones (harmony) are determined by the software not by midi notes. But then it only costs something like $25 US.

Idatrod, the eko should sound better than any keyboard available on the market. It will work the same as my system except everything is contained in the keyboard (processor, hard drives, sound cards and so on). It is a PC with a keyboard attached and has a good control surface. But it is expensive - very expensive!!!