Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Idatrod, the eko should sound better than any keyboard available on the market. It will work the same as my system except everything is contained in the keyboard (processor, hard drives, sound cards and so on). It is a PC with a keyboard attached and has a good control surface. But it is expensive - very expensive!!!

Frank, one of Open Labs touts is that the price "starts" at under 2 grand. But I noticed on their 'Store' link that the lowest price is actually $2,245. To go to there price list go to this page: http://store.openlabs.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/ECommStoreFront.woa then click on "eKo Systems" at the top left if anybody is interested. You may have to scroll down a bit to see the prices.

Your right Frank. If a person wants all the bells and whistles he or she will have to pay a dear price for it. They don't even list a price for the 88 Key Hammer Action model. From looking they haven't even made the 88 Key model yet. It looks like 76 Keys is as high as they go for now.

eKo 61 Key model, basic: $2,245.
eKo 76 Key model, fully loaded: $7,412.

And I agree Frank that eKo "should" be the best sounding Keyboard ever. The reason being is because of all the extremely high quality sampled sound banks that can be loaded into it. Example: 1 Gigabyte Triple Layered Sampled Stereo Grand Piano patch. No problemo!!! Or an 80 Mb Sampled Live! Nylon Guitar patch. Mere pittance!!! Talk about going hog wild in sound possibilities and capabilities. Just talking about it gets me excited. I can't wait to demo the thing.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 06-17-2003).]