SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#133581 - 07/22/05 11:24 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Scott
This problem has been discussed many times on the Bose Forum. http://bose.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x

There is a wealth of info here.
Bernie

#133582 - 07/25/05 11:39 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
So volume wise and bass ouput, what size room or what capacity room would the PAS start to faulter, expecially when adding some umph?

Also when higher volume is needed, how close is a problem with feedback?

Also, can a band get rid of their floor monitor system and go with a PAS, in addition to their regular PA?

How do you handle the mix situation with people playing?

#133583 - 07/25/05 11:51 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

Check out the 10 demo videos links it addresses all your PAS questions.
http://www.shawnsmith.com/bose/video.htm

#133584 - 08/01/05 09:43 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

Todays the day I get the PAS ......
more to come

#133585 - 08/02/05 08:13 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Todays the day I get the PAS ......
more to come

Well . . . ?????
DonM

#133586 - 08/02/05 08:27 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Common, Donny... can't hold our breath forever.

Seriously, congrats and have fun.

Glenn

#133587 - 08/02/05 11:28 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Donny has his days mixed up..He just picked the Bose up at noon today..

#133588 - 08/02/05 05:55 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just got an email from DNJ, he tested everything at his Thursday Night Dance Club and the best word he used to describe the system was AWESOME! He's a happy camper and lovin' life.

I hope to see him this Thursday using the PAS for his dance crowd--should be incredible.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133589 - 08/02/05 06:44 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'm especially interested in getting DNJ's feedback results when playing exposed LIVE solo piano thru the PAS system. Curious to hear just 'how good' the Yamaha stereo GRAND PIANO sounds thru the PAS, especially considering the fact that my tests on an earlier version PAS (over a year and a half ago) fared so bad. What specific PAS setting(s) yields the best (hopefully impressive) results? - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-02-2005).]

#133590 - 08/02/05 07:15 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

Hi,........Ok, I got the Bose PAS w/sub today and all I can say is OMG!!! although I have already peformed with Daves unit, and also demoed it in the GC store I was more then confident it would sound incredible and it did!
I then took it to my dance club and setup on stage and let er rip to give it a try and to get aquainted with using it.... It is the best sounding sound system I have ever played thru...CRISP CLEAR sound is all I can say, SEARING VOCALS that really tear thru the mix like nothing I have heard....the mono argument is non existeant and a non issue as far as my ears can tell & this includes LIVE, SMF, & MP3's...although I would definitly say as prescribed by Gary & Eddie you must use TWO KB SEPERATE LINE OUTS to Channels 1&2 instead of ONE L/R Mono out from the KB.....I've extensivly tested this and there is a big difference in sound. Portability is incredible and space saving big time, my van has so much room now hehehe......Scott the piano sounded fine to me...I would suggest you go thru the BOSE PAS UPDATED EQ settings until you find one that you prefere if your going to do Piano Solo work etc..I love the remote control too it makes controling the mix Sooooo easy.....
MY Vocal Harmony thru the mix was simply the best I ever heard, every voice clear and sharp without any Muddling !!!!AS far as the overall sound its so hard to explain its not like any other system that blasts sound in your face if your close, instead it spreads the sound matrix ALL OVER THE ROOM to a degree thats comfortable to the ears everywhere you walk in the room, there are no loud spots its an even spread of volume that has to be heard is all I can say.....the quality is top notch and super well made, incudes all cases too....easy to setup in minutes too.. I think Im gonna love this system for sure....cant wait to dig in and perform with it all this week in different applications.....MUCH MORE To Come!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-02-2005).]

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online