SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#133611 - 08/15/05 05:20 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

I thought the same way until I started gigging on stage with the PAS and have since overcome those "Stereoitis" feelings.......but I now,[not that I didnt before] enjoy all the many alcolades recieved from my audiences about the fabulous sound, & ease of transport, although If you used two seperate PAS towers in Stereo could be mind boggling...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-15-2005).]

#133612 - 08/15/05 06:40 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
jzzct Offline

Ha!! What a great word! "Stereoitis"
I guess that's what I have Dnj

#133613 - 08/15/05 06:45 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hey Donny

It's good to see you're happy with your new Bose. That's some pretty impressive info on how it covers a large area with a ton of people and outside yet! I will definitely be looking forward to trying one (or two, hehe) of these out.

Best
Scott

#133614 - 08/15/05 08:10 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

I did have my reservations in the begining before I heard,played, & finally purchased The PAS but, Uncle Dave told me to trust him on this system and Im so glad I did.......its everything he said and more.....its a great concept all around for the gigging musician, Im really enjoying it.

#133615 - 08/16/05 03:29 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
Would this BOSE PAS system be suitable for keyboard + vocals + trumpet?...

I'm confused about having different sound sources on one system.

Thanks in advance

Luis Santos

#133616 - 08/16/05 04:38 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Luis,

The answer to your question is very simple: you live close to the portuguese Bose distributor. It's located in the "Zona Industrial da Maia", and ABC is the name of the company. They have an elegant room with a nice sample of Bose products. Among them, the PAS. They will welcome you, and your musicians, for an extensive audition. That's what I did with my Tyros. I came back one week later to purchase it. Give them a call. Don't forget to bring a mixer, cables and mic(s) with you.

I had two other outdoor jobs this weekend, and I fully confirm Donny's observations. The PAS covers an impressive area; I had people dancing to the sound of my music 70/80 meters away from the spot in which I was playing. My public finds it hard to believe that that "small thing" is making all that sound. At least part of the explanation for these sound projection properties - the cylindrical sound waves versus spherical sound waves - has been given in another thread by Paul C. : http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/011300.html

-- José.

[This message has been edited by Route 66 (edited 08-16-2005).]

#133617 - 08/16/05 05:29 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Route 66:
Luis,
I had two other outdoor jobs this weekend, and I fully confirm Donny's observations. The PAS covers an impressive area; I had people dancing to the sound of my music 70/80 meters away from the spot in which I was playing.

My public finds it hard to believe that that "small thing" is making all that sound.
-- José..]

EXCACTLY... enjoy your PAS Jose

#133618 - 08/16/05 06:34 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Louis,

This past weekend I had an outdoor job where I was performing beneath a massive pavilion for about 200 people. It was at a seaside state park where there were other folks swimming in Chesapeake Bay approximately 150 to 200 meters away. The crowd was a bit noisy, but I never exceeded the 1/3 volume level on the PAS remote's master volume. The hookup included a pair of mics, including my mic which was fired directly through the keyboard, and a second guest mic for a Sinatra impersonator. At the end of the 4 hour job, both the people in the pavilion and on the beach said how wonderful the music sounded. Some of those bathing in Chesapeake Bay came up and asked if I would be performing there regularly and asked for business cards. The hookup included two mics, the keyboard, and there was a third guest mic so the venue's director could make announcements. A couple mics, a keyboard and a trumpet would be child's play for the PAS.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133619 - 08/16/05 07:11 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
TresorTX Offline

Loc: Dallas, Boston, Orlando
Gary,
I can understand how the PAS can project 70-80 meters away with good clarity, but I can't understand how the low frequencies from the sub can get projected that far without the front of the audience being overwhelmed by sub. Did you have two subs on your PAS? Can you tell me how well the sub frequencies do over distance?

Thx, Russ

PSR S900
Korg PA1XPRO
Kurzweil PC3X
Logitech Z

#133620 - 08/16/05 09:01 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
O.K. Be honest, guys. How easy is set-up and transport? How long does it take. Seems like a lot of wires to me.
DonM

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online