SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#133621 - 08/16/05 09:26 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Don...
Set up for me takes about 18-20 minutes.
Two wires out of KB to Channels 1&2 on the Bose base. 1 wire from the remote to the base.
1 wire from my Nomad to the base channel 3.
1 audio wire from the base to the sub.
Plug my mic into back of kb... and ac for the kb and base. That's it.

All the wires that go from the kb and mp3 player to the Bose are in a cable wrap...so its just like one cable with 4 connectors at each end.

As Donny, Gary and others have stated, it is about as easy a set up as any of us have used...ever.

Eddie

#133622 - 08/16/05 09:50 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
MORE MUSIC TO THE POUND

The PAS base weighs in at 38 lbs.
The two cylindrical speakers (the poles) weigh 15 lbs each.
The sub is 28 lbs. The remote is...I don't know,...maybe 1/2 lb.

Eddie

#133623 - 08/16/05 10:07 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

Don.....Eddie is Spot On!!

#133624 - 08/16/05 10:27 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Got to say I too was a little concerned on how this thing would work, but I played this weekend outside, with G70 with a mic going through it, a guitar player, with vocal mic, a female singer, a sax player, with minidisk playback, and a midijay, all on a double bass unit, worked great, selling my carvin mixer and speakers, going to keep my logitech z5500 for studio listening and sub

#133625 - 08/16/05 10:32 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

Frank glad to see the PAS is workng out for you.....Good Luck

#133626 - 08/16/05 10:40 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
For most jobs, I place the sub directly in front of the keyboard, and the sub is facing sideways. Those low frequency sounds seem to be equally disbursed as the mids and highs.

Set up time for me is a bit less than Eddie, but this may be the way I have all my cables harnessed. Average time is less than 15 minutes, and most of the time about 12 minutes--just a few minutes longer than the Barbettas and Logitechs. If I get a chance later tonight, I'll shoot a photo of the wiring harness I'm using, which may shed some light on how I assemble the system.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133627 - 08/16/05 11:05 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Gary, you mentioned placing the sub sideways, is this for more bass or a more dispersed bass?

I thought direct fire would give a better snap, but I guess sideways would let the wave develop further and give more of a room filling sound.

Am I close?

#133628 - 08/16/05 08:14 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Not only that, it prevents a beer from being tossed directly into the front port. :-)

#133629 - 08/17/05 05:06 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Frankie,

When facing forward it seems to have a lot more power, however, when facing sideways it appears to be more evenly disbursed and a bit less in your face kind of bass. Naturally, this will vary with different sizes and shapes of venues, and the type of music you're performing.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133630 - 08/17/05 06:24 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by TresorTX:
Gary,
I can understand how the PAS can project 70-80 meters away with good clarity, but I can't understand how the low frequencies from the sub can get projected that far without the front of the audience being overwhelmed by sub. Did you have two subs on your PAS? Can you tell me how well the sub frequencies do over distance?

Thx, Russ

Hi Russ,
I'm not Gary, but I'd like to tell you about my 'mixed feelings' and my own conclusion on this matter. My first impression was that indeed the low frequencies' decay with distance is signicantly greater than mids' and highs'. This was in a open field with no fixed structures (wall, etc) to 'encapsulate' (I hope you understand me) the subwoofer. My first thought was that I maybe should get the second sub for outdoor venues. However I had experiences that contradict my first impression. I had the PAS in a sort of long gallery with walls and a wood ceiling around, projecting the sound to an open field. My clear impression is that the low freqs. were much more present in the overall sound at considerable distance. Of course this is not intrinsically achieved by the sound system itself but with the help of structures around. I have another job in the place I just described next saturday, and I'll shoot some pics, to help you understand the situation. My present conclusion is that the location of the subwoofer is extremely important to efficiently project low frequencies at long distances.

-- José.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online