SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#133601 - 08/04/05 07:33 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:

But, compare this to conventional systems and you are back to the same ol' problem of too loud up front...not loud enough in the back. Eddie

Yes Eddie I have noticed this in my trial runs with the PAS.....in your above statement is where the "MAGIC" lies.........it sought of fills & spreads around the room like a CEILING HOUSE SPEAKER SYSTEM with music everywhere instead of it being projected all from the front in a big Burst.....hard to explain & has to be heard for sure.

#133602 - 08/04/05 08:06 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
So could I get away with using the PAS double bass system with a arranger, guitar, and up to 3 vocalist, in a backyard wedding situation and have ample volume?

How would it compare to the Logitech z-5500?

When would the PAS system not work and I had to bring out the 2 12" and horns on a stick?

#133603 - 08/04/05 09:05 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Frankie,

The Bose would rock the place! The Z-5500 system is great, but it's still a conventional sound system. The Bose PAS is anything but conventional.

I just got home from Donny Pesce's Thursday Night Dance Club where DNJ used the PAS for the first time in front of a live audience of about 250 people. The volume throughout the room was equal, clear, crisp, lots of wonderful sounds and there were lots of folks raving about the how great the music sounded tonight. The dancefloor was packed, everyone was having a great time and while I only could stay for the first hour, it really sounded inpressive. After a 3 hour drive home I'm pretty worn out and gonna hit the sack. Photos to come tomorrow.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133604 - 08/04/05 10:11 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

OMG!!!! I am now a believer in the Bose PAS!
After an awesome nite on stage using the PAS I can truly say its the best sound system I have ever heard or used. Simply fantastic......I got so many comments from my fans too. Its hard to explain but easy to understand once you hear it for sure.....Its was great spending the day with Gary & his lovely wife Carol. Im sure gary will have a full report with some pics asap also...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-05-2005).]

#133605 - 08/05/05 04:33 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Well you guys have not steered me wrong yet. I will take a trip today to see how this thing sounds and if you guys think it can handle a 3 to 4 piece band for up to 200 people, i think i'm a buying

#133606 - 08/05/05 05:47 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
Wersi Germany has just started updating their web site ready for the launch of the new OAS 7 software (Major Upgrade) for their Arrangers, Organs and Piano’s, also on the site is a link to the Bose PAS web site, which Wersi are promoting as ideal for stage use with there Arrangers etc.
As Wersi do not skimp with sound systems when promoting their instruments on stage, it looks like the PAS is definitely something special.

Bill

#133607 - 08/05/05 06:21 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Frankie,

Keep in mind that you can buy the system directly from Bose with a 45-day, no-questions-asked return policy. You will be amazed at how effecient the system is, the quality of the sound and area of coverage.

The best advice I, and many other users, can give you is to follow the instruction manual, paticularly when it comes to properly setting up the levels. This is very important in determining the coverage area and the sound quality. Once those levels are set, you'll never have to touch them again.

Also download the OS and Preset upgrades and install them per the download instructions--What a difference!

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133608 - 08/05/05 07:09 AM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Frankie
Your application of the PAS is going to be a bit more complex than a OMB situation. Of the 4 inputs, only 2 are adjustable by presets. With 3 vocalists, you will need a mixer and have to find one preset that suits all their voices the best. Same goes for the mulitple instruments you want to run through it.

Channels 3 & 4 are "flat" (not customizable by presets) and best used for pre-mixed, pre-processed, pre-recorded music such as mp3s and CDs.

Eddie

#133609 - 08/15/05 12:46 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
Dnj Offline

The PAS is still amazing me. I just completed a five gig stint this week each a different venue and the Bose system just rose to the occasion every single time...coverage is fantastic...yesterday I performed at an outdoor fair for about 800 1000 people in 100 degree heat, with ponie rides, food concessions, dancers, BBq, classic cars, rides etc etc ...I was under a canopy and the PAS covered the area almost the size of a football field very effeciently for sure. It seems the more space you give the PAS the more it breaths and covers the area. Im glad I bought it and Im very happy with its performance, not to menton all its benefits vs a conventional two or three speaker PA system.
Save your pennies & get one you wont be sorry.

#133610 - 08/15/05 04:20 PM Re: BOSE PAS is a WINNER!!!
jzzct Offline

I just had to try the Bose pas after all I've read about it here and other places. I'll admit it is clear and spreads the sound around nicely but I find that my brain just doesn't work the same if I don't hear stereo seperation.

Maybe it's from spending so many hours (more like years) listening to and tweaking synth programs...

What we do is so personal and everyone here is unique in their style, guess it takes different things to keep us all happy. I love reading this forum and respect your opinions and what you do cause i've been with a long time and I know how much it takes to stay with it!

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online