"Here, a neutral forum but more pro-Yamaha, it seems general opinion is Yamaha is better (better sounds, etc.)."

I don't believe it's a pro Yamaha thing as much as it is a diversity of experience by many professionals who have tried just about every keyboard that comes on the market. Nearly all seem to favor Yamaha for one reason or another, and from my personal experience, they're been the leader for more than a decade when it comes to the quality of styles, voices and operating system. Granted, there are some folks who are Technics, Roland and even Cassio fans, but most working (gigging) performers, especially those who perform for a variety of audiences with large, medium and small venues, it's going to be difficult to beat all the attributes that Yamaha has to offer. No, this is not a commercial for Yamaha (Steve), and if there was something better available, at least for my purposes, regardless of cost, I would buy it tomorrow. But for now, I, and many of my collegues, will likely stick with Yamaha.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)