Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Why? It's farse disguised as a competition. I hate the fact that they promote the "K" word over real musicianship, and they treat the audience as if we were stupid enough to believe that Simon is mean, Randy is cool, Paula is a ditz .... it's just fluff. It's boring to me, but if you and the millions of fans out there keep watching it - more power to ya. I tried a few episodes each season because my 13 yr old daughter likes it, but it always leaves me cold.

So, I put it in the trash heap with ALL other "reality" shows like Survivor, Biggest loser, Jerry Springer ..... the list is WAY too long to be accurate, but you can quote me as saying that the state of American made TV is very sad.

My guilty pleasure used to be the Gilmore Girls, but after season 6 when the real writers left the show ... it started to suck wind, big time. So far Season 7 has been a waste of time. Poorly written, boring and they have ruined a story that I used to like to follow.

We all have our favs ....... but reality and TV are mutually exclusive terms. I watch TV to get away from reality. I want entertainment, fun and creativity. I find none of that in Idol.

Sorry fans - just one man's opinion.

+1 Yoh? You can't argue with success though.
JERRY SPRINGER was hugely successful!!You certainly can argue with success. Americans are not general considered a cultured culture. how much culture can a country develop in 200 years? We are watching it.

Another "reality" show thats not real at all and aimed for the youth market. A nice way for a single individual Simon Crowell to gain "first refusal" contracts for ALL dream seekers regardless if they win or they should break out in the future on their own success through entertainment starved American youth spoon fed RAP and Hip Hop
hearing their peers sing pop songs.

Then they sprinkle in the bad people to ridicule for "entertainment value" Some of those kids had a "dream as well." Its probably the only show on TV that parents can actually watch with their kids though and have a dialog with. In that regard it's a good thing for family unity.

No one is "real" when there are three cameras on them 16+ hours a day in a contrived situation.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-13-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA