Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
I regard topics as this, as an English exercise and reading comprehension test. It is a difficult task, and that is where its "learn value" is, to distinguish what everyone here is saying, and then to try to realise if the poster has understood the concept of the thread, or what the others have been saying.

IMHO, Joe Ayala nailed in the head.

You're right, Trident...it can be a effort to wade through all the fluff...I often wonder if some posters actually read what the've written before submitting.

I think Joe "nailed it in the head" as you so well described it...he echoes my sentiments very closely.

I don’t know what the key to success is, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone.

I use what is necessary (in my case, an arranger keyboard) to make a living with my music...a sin to the purist, but it is me (and my audience) I am trying to please, not the purist. I make no apologies. Period.

If it's stupid and it works...it ain't stupid.

And, Lucky2Bhere is right about stores not stocking high end arrangers...fine with me, because I get to take one around to the dealers so a few potential customers can actually hear one being played and get to try it themselves...job security for me, but not so good for those wanting to try one on their own time.

Even mid range arrangers aren't carried much any more.

Store "trying" and Internet "buying" have been the major culprits.

This thread may not establish much in the way of a conclusion...but it is bound to become entertaining.

I found this article by Tom Stampfli quite interesting...maybe some others will as well. http://music.utsa.edu/tdml/conf-I/I-Stampfli.html

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-15-2008).]