Good idea with the furniture wax...we used to spray it on our snow shovels, but putting it in the blower's chute is brilliant.

I usually wipe down the door rubbers in the car with WD-40 to keep them from freezing shut, and also put each windshield wiper in a plastic grocery bag so that it doesn't freeze to the glass.I always keep a few in my trunk for just this purpose. I just open a bag up and slide it over the wiper. Wrap it around a little bit with any openings facing downwards and you're done. It may not look elegant but it's better than spending 10 minutes trying to get the wipers off of the windshield and then breaking all the bits of ice off of the wipers

I'm definitely used to cold winter weather and dealing with it, but, as you say, some winters are unreal.

Also a great idea with the antenna on the front bumper.

Where I live, the town of Glace Bay (which means "Ice Bay"), was once called the "Big Town" as it was the biggest town in Canada. Several coal mines, a huge Steel Plant and Coke operation at nearby city of Sydney, a thriving fishing industry...all gone, mainly through political manipulation over the years.

But, the upside, is the town is cleaner and comfortable, and mainly a retirement community, and being retired, it's a nice place for me to live (and love, when I'm lucky...ha ha!)

One thing for sure...our seasonal climates aren't boring.

Ian