Originally Posted By: Diki

I have a G70 and a BK-9 sitting next to each other right now. I'm afraid the keybed is NOT like the yummy G70 one. That one (they've been using it all the way back to the G800 and the A70 controller days) is by far the best plastic keyboard on the planet..! But it IS heavy (I've removed a few of them in my time), and would add considerably to the BK-9's light weight (you need a heavier case to support a heavier keybed). So I guess it's time to move on...

But it IS as good feeling as a PA3X or Tyros, albeit with no aftertouch. Dynamics are easily controlled, firm playing doesn't push it too hard, and organ smears and palm slides are comfortable, I don't get hung up on the corners too much (one of the strengths of the rounded off G70 keys). They are a hair shorter than G70 keys (which are almost full piano length), pretty much standard length for most synths.

I haven't been able to try a BK-9, but is there any other keyboard made by Roland that would be the same?

I'm thinking the new Jupiter-50 could have the same action, as it also does not have aftertouch (the Jupiter-80 does).

I'm more likely to run across one of those than a BK-9.

Ian