Yep, but I had no problem with doing the two button thing on the Yamahas...and most time I wanted to return to the Variation I was on at that point, usually "C" or "D" so it was usually one button. The regular fill on the Yamaha is activated by the same button as used for the Main Variation...of course it can be shut off, or by-passed by pressing the Variation button twice in succession quickly.

The other advantage of being able to pre-set the INTRO 1 based stop/fill ahead of time...very useful.

When I did a clinic or demo on an instrument with only factory styles, I often used ENDING 1 as a stop fill, but you had to be careful to hit the Main Variation button again before the ending completed it's cycle...also, didn't work so well on ENDING 1 if it was two or three bars long with a ritardando.

Again. it's all what we individually find useful, which is the beauty of the flexibility of today's arrangers.

Ian