I understand, Don...I could also assign a footswitch to trigger INTRO 1, but I'm very used to doing it with my fingers via the buttons. We sorta get the movements down like a choreography.

I do remember the Roland arrangers of years ago had a different system where by each variation could have an "advanced" setting with a fill to it or the Original. It wasn't any harder...just different.

I'm too damn lazy to want to use (and learn) another system, especially with having so many years with the Yamaha setup...also I'm not too fussy about using two different ones, especially where one might have a touch screen, and the other doesn't.

I've been doing the Yamaha way of accomplishing things for so long, it's second nature, and I can concentrate more on actually playing the music.

I admire those using several brands of arrangers, but I'm at the point where I want to keep it simple.

It's good to see you are giving the BK-9 a very fair chance...it is a fine instrument.

Ian